LIVE Q&A: DCYou Unscripted Finalists! Tuesday, February 25th @5:30pm PST/8:30pm EST

Great stall tactic. :+1:

5 Likes

As I said in the pitch, my vision is fastest time wins. Unless disqualified by the guards catching them. It’s up to the folks here at DC whether that’s the system they want to use, but I think it’s the most fair.

4 Likes

wholesome boy…kinda…deserved better…definitely, but at least he’s in a pretty good place nowadays

5 Likes

This is a question for everyone.
How grueling was the process?

4 Likes

Question for @Mollbrady, how will you show work? I’m still learning what a Cosplay is.:slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Did any of the three have another idea outside of the one that they pitched that they also submitted for the contest? (I believe you were allowed multiples)

4 Likes

Ooh, will there be famous guest stars like Geoff Johns on the show?!

3 Likes

Cosplay is becoming anything you wish…even the Penguin :wink:

4 Likes

Or Reagan, if you still wish to be.

3 Likes

A tie for me.

• Filming the pitch was surreal. The chance to present a DC idea directly to Jim Lee and Dan DiDio and Diana Mogollon (and a cheering audience (total surprise)) is unbelievable. Like I still can’t believe it. The moment I finished and looked up to see them smiling and excited to dive in and chat about Cosplay Clash was the best. That post pitch Q&A with the judges was my favorite part of the day.

• My mentoring session with Phil Jimenez was so much fun! Phil is amazing and delightful and so supportive and talented and generous and excited to help creators. 10/10

5 Likes

Question for all three, has there been any changes asked by the higher ups about your premise or execution of your shows?

5 Likes

Applejack just wants Batgirl cosplay.

5 Likes

Don’t we all

5 Likes

Question for all three, if your show gets pick, how many episodes do you hope your show will get in a season?:slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes
  1. Thanks so much! Also, thank you for asking about my Robin opinions. I think they are all VERY good, (including Stephanie, Carrie, etc.) The Robin I most relate to is Dick Grayson. I am wholesome to a fault. My friends realize this whenever they try to play party games with me. I’m also the oldest of four siblings who bear a disturbingly striking resemblance to the other Robins… Also, I’m recently out of college, which just feels like the time of your life when you’re in a big Nightwing mood.
    My favorite Robin growing up was Tim Drake in the Animated Series. More recently, I realized he was much more similar to comics Jason, whom I also love.

2. I think one of my main motivations for pitching this show in particular is the fact that comic book stores (along with record stores, indie bookstores, etc), are on their way out. I don’t think that is the case at all. They provide a vital real-life haven for fans from all walks of life, and are still very much alive out there. I think the more we can promote the stores that do exist, the more we can keep them alive.
    I’m not too worried about running out of material. I’ve been to so many good comic stores around the US- enough for at least a few seasons. And that doesn’t even take into consideration comic book stores around the world.

5 Likes

I like where your head’s at. Voice acting has been at the core of my pitch from day one. Such as The Olmac/Banker character of the Warden; I’ve sent a list of potentials for him ranging from internet influencers like Curtis “Takahata 101” Arnott to veteran character actors like John DeLancie. I’m not aware of what DC plans to do exactly, and can’t confirm or deny anything, but my dream is to use voice clips from the villains for when their associated team uses a power up or is caught. I love voice acting and would leap at the chance tp work with Mark or Alan or heck, even The Batman 05 cast. Kevin Michael Richardson is my third favorite Joker behind Heath & Mark.

5 Likes

Thank you! Cosplay Clash is currently schedule to start filming in March. We’re still working out all the particulars of the show, but I’m sure I’ll be able to give you an update soon!

4 Likes

Last I heard, the team is working on casting hosts for the show. Not sure who exactly that will be yet, but I am confident they will be great!

3 Likes

Has anyone asked the three what their favorite DC characters are? Or series? That would be fun information if no one has asked :wink:

8 Likes

+1

3 Likes