LIVE Q&A: DCYou Unscripted Finalists! Tuesday, February 25th @5:30pm PST/8:30pm EST

I’ve had my account since July, but have only started posting recently. I believe my first reply was on HubCityQuestion’s Hench App thread.

6 Likes

Hello everyone! Super excited to see what everyone has been working on!

3 Likes

A question for @elorapowell, when doing a comic shop visit, will you be talking about Marvel comics along with DC comics?:slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Hello!

4 Likes

Really would like to see the Comic Book road trip make it. There are a lot of comic book stores struggling and shutting down. My husband and I have travelled the USA and the world to go to different comic shops. It is fun to bond with Nerds and fandoms from all regions. Every comic shop is unique. It can be a family. Comics, cards, and stuff in Fort Myers, Florida was a life saver for my husband and I when his mother was dying. He bought comics there while his mother was on life support in the hospital. We found out the owner’s dad was in the same hospital. This store served as a release from the stress and eventually grief when my mother-in-law passed. It was a support system. We were devastated when my father-in-law sent us a newspaper clipping in the mail that the comic book store was close to closing its doors. It’s not just a comic shop. It’s a community. It’s a safe haven. We’ve made so many friends and met people I hold dear in comic shops. DC would be doing itself a favor by empowering the people who have shared the fandom with the community.

That’s an amazing story. So glad the store and community was able to support you and your husband during such a rough time. That’s the kind of thing fandom can be so good for, and I’d love to be able to share those types of stories- at least in the pilot :wink:

6 Likes

Yes and no. Per original contest rules, Ozzy will never be on screen, however, his presence will be felt. It’s planned one of the teams, the Black Birds, are his and their associated Power Bonus is direct from the Big Bird himself.

4 Likes

We were devastated when my father-in-law sent us a newspaper clipping in the mail that the comic book store was close to closing its doors.

Also, so sorry to hear that it is/was closing down. Sounds like it was a really good place.

3 Likes

Thank you! You are too kind! And I’m in that boat with you. Going through the pitch process and meeting everyone, I can’t help but cheer for every person and every show. They all sound so fun and weird and awesome and the passion everyone brought to their pitch and idea was infectious.

My pilot hasn’t filmed yet, but we’re getting close. We’re deep in the casting process and hammering out all the millions and millions of details to make it all come together. Stay tuned!

7 Likes

@elorapowell Will segments included revolve around participating in local activities as well?

3 Likes

My pilot is currently still in progress! Filming coming up soon. I can’t wait to see how it turns out. I don’t think we can really say any of the pitches are “winning” right now. They haven’t quite been finished yet. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@mollbrady Will participants be allowed to bring in their own supplies/tools or will they be provided for them to ensure an even playing field?

3 Likes

If the show continues, I’d love it to go international as well as in the US. I know there’s a ton of great comic shops around the world. One I would be interested in learning more about is King’s Comics in Sydney, Australia. I listen to a podcast out of there, and it seems like a great place.

I DO actually know where we’re going to be starting out for the pilot episode, but I don’t want to give any spoilers! :wink:

7 Likes

@Royce.Miller Will the escape events be held in quick succession so whomever finishes all the fastest escapes or will this be a points system where teams with lower scores will be dropped out in separate events?

5 Likes

Question for @Applejack, who’ll be a new judge replacing Dan Dido?

4 Likes

I think meeting the rest of the contestants and forming some connections there was one my favorite parts. I also really enjoyed seeing the inside of the DCUniverse studio, and am VERy proud of the Jason Todd joke I made in the phone booth…

7 Likes

Jason Todd :star_struck: :star_struck: :star_struck:

5 Likes

Work on the pilot is happening now, and filming starts soon! I think the current plan is for the pilot of Comic Book Road Trip to be around 20-30 minutes. I’m not sure about Molly and Royce’s shows, though!

4 Likes

We’re here to speak to the Finalists, I’m just here to lurk :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Sadly, I had engaged in the hate for the film too once upon a time, convinced of its cinematic sin by a certain critics of nostalgic things, however, it is a fantastic film no matter what the haters say. It’s gorgeous and campy and fun. Everyone is having a blast. And it’s one of the most heartfelt versions of Alfred & Bruce’s relationship we’ve had. I love the Nolan films as much as anyone, but there’ll always be a special place in my heart for Ah-nuld Freeze spouting ice puns.

As for the other part of your question, that’s more up to the production team than me. I knew I had to factor in budget when designing the show, and always saw it as sort of a rotating roster of obstacles, similar to Wipe Out or Legends of the Hidden Temple. One episode you could be swinging on vines next to Ivy’s Cell, the next you’re trying to avoid spikes from Zsasz’s cell.

6 Likes

A wholesome boy who DESERVED BETTER!

6 Likes