LGBT DC Fans

And this is for all you bisexuals like me out there lol

13 Likes

Oh my gosh congrats and know that you have a bunch of love and support here too! You should be getting your welcome package in the mail soon:)

8 Likes

What welcome package lol

7 Likes

By the way, sorry for not responding to this post of yours from three months ago, it’s just for me a little too personal and I’d prefer not to share too much. But I’ll just say that it’s not something I’ve always known actually, but looking back now to my younger years it was obvious. I’m also not sure exactly what I identify as specifically, so I just use queer, which is a personal preference that works for me, but I know some don’t like that word.

7 Likes

Ah your good fam. I actually figured it out by watching the video to girls girls boys by P!ATD

7 Likes

That club pic is awesome. Congratulations btw! :hugs: :purple_heart:

10 Likes

Thanks

7 Likes

Congrats! I’m so glad you were able to be honest with yourself and everyone around you, and even more glad that it was a positive experience filled with love! :orange_heart: I can imagine it feels like a huge weight lifted. Thank you for sharing your experience with us!

8 Likes

It definitely does. I probably couldn’t do it without the support of my friends or this community. This community was a big part of it.

8 Likes

This is the best Club design! I LOVE it!

Congrats on telling your family. Thanks so much for sharing with us too. Definitely nothing but love all around!

12 Likes

:partying_face: I’m so happy to hear this, and that everything went well! :partying_face:

10 Likes

That’s a pretty cool piece of art, the bottom line cracked me up. Congrats to you @The_phoenix2192 on your announcement and loved ones showing support. The post about your family basically knowing gave me a good laugh. It reminded me of my uncle and one of my childhood buddies. Ma said when my uncle did, my grandma was like “oh sweetie we’ve known since you were 11”. My buddy who came out at 23, we were like “bro finally! LOL We’ve know since high school.” Then after hugging and congratulating him, we began to rip on him as guy’'s do (who do you think is hotter, do I look good in these shorts) :laughing:

8 Likes

tumblr_67576259ba32384f5ab170b763cf1c69_a44b840e_540

8 Likes

Thanks

6 Likes

I really do love this community so much. I really feel the love from you guys

7 Likes

I’m not sure what’s going to happen to old threads when we transition to DCUI, but I hope they stick around, because I love coming to check in on you guys here. Glad I started this thread on Day 1 of DCU.

9 Likes

Thank you for doing it, I love that it’s still going!

7 Likes

That take courage! You are a superhero.

8 Likes

Question: What does the IA+ in LGBTQIA+ mean? After Lesbian Gay Bisexual Trans and I believe Questioning, I am at a loss. And if I got that wrong, then make it the QIA+. Because I would rather know the correct meaning and not just because knowing is half the battle.

I thought I saw in the housekeeping thread that threads dormant for 6 months or more are on the chopping block.

8 Likes

Q can be Questioning or Queer. I stands for Intersex and A is for Asexual. The plus sign is because there’s more that someone can identify as so this makes it manageable. Personally I just use LGBTQ with Q covering everyone on the entire spectrum.

8 Likes