Let's Talk About the DC Deck-Building Game

Great looking set. I love backing something on Kickstarter and then months or years down the line I suddenly get a package. I often forget about them entirely until they show up on my doorstep.

4 Likes

Gosh darn it. This looks incredible. I need real world friends that like comics. Story of my life.

3 Likes

Gave a swing to Injustice with some buddies and they had fun! Iā€™m hoping to bring the Multiverse Box next time too.

2 Likes

Bumping this thread because the latest set (Justice League Dark) is Kickstarting for about two more weeks. Also included is a new Rivals set (Shazam vs Black Adam) and Crossover Pack (Flashpoint) plus some other stuff (Legion of Doom expansion, some new missions for Rebirth, play mats).

1 Like

I signed up at Cryptozoic Entertainment because I was interested in some of the vinyl they had on sale when they had their sale (I believe this was over Memorial Day), but forgot to pull the trigger on my cart before it expired, so bought nothing. If they still have some of the items I want, Iā€™ll certainly shop from them, and potentially for the future. Their vinyl looks good, and I want to support someone making some non-Funko stuff that isnā€™t so uniform, or crassly commercial, and I also want to support a variety of businesses making these products, since Warner Brothers seems to be less aggressive with their licensing (since the AT&T days) and DC Direct is no longer an (in-house) thing.

I belonged to a discord group over lock down and I enjoyed playing made up games but wouldnā€™t invest, personally, the money in these, since as others have mentioned here, Iā€™d have no one to play with. I love trivia games and board games, and never have been able to find people who donā€™t already have their own established groups, nights, locations, etc., none of which were convenient for me to regularly participate in, and the few public places that opened up (as gamer cafes), were again just too much travel time to bother with regularly. I see the MTG and those types of people at my LCS, so I appreciate that there is an audience for this, itā€™s just not for me where I am in my life, so itā€™s weird getting the incessant emails from Cryptozoic to support these Kickstarters.

I do believe the previous Cryptozoic decks are very nicely done, as far as art, and from what Iā€™ve seen and heard on sites like reddit is that the game play is fun and enjoyable. These new JLD deck also does look nice. And I am definitely appreciative of something that extends the DC brand, in different ways, for people to enjoy, besides comic books, movies, animation, action figures, etc. But this does also feels like a way (similar to loot boxes, and the like for vidya gamers) to get people to spend more money than they need to just to be able to enjoy something.

2 Likes