Lets Talk About How Amazing "Harleen" Is

Yeah!

I think a lot of that has to do with the community as well though.

I participate in a lot of other comic discussions in other areas of the internet and a lot of those people are pretty rude.

I appreciate that people here can disagree but still consider another person’s opinion as valid.

1 Like

Beautiful cover. Variant is nice also.

4 Likes

Well they altered what Black Label was shortly after Damned was released, which is right when the new AT&T peeps moved in. This is why DC seemingly had a knee-jerk reaction to damned and the Black Label. It’s no longer the place where writers and artists can do whatever they want without censorship.

Bat Force Radio has a great interview with Lee Bermejo where he breaks down what happened. I’d definitely check it out if you’re as interested in Black Label as I am.

I’m hoping Joker’s success restores DC & WB’s faith in developing more mature content.

I’d definitely recommend it. It’s odd how similar the two books are, considering their release proximity, but Criminal Sanity is definitely a different take.

If you’re a big Silence of Lambs fan or a fan of the show Hannibal, which everyone should be, then it’s a must read.

Yeah, Criminal Sanity was pretty good too, basically being “What if Joker was Hannibal Lector and Harley Quinn was Clarice?”

I’ve been meaning to pick this one up! The cover art looks interesting :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

Isn’t it gorgeous? :smiley: I’ve been a huge fan of Stjepan Šejić, the artist, for some time. His work is absolutely gorgeous and it’s such a pleasure to see him take on Harley.

4 Likes

Make it at the top of your list

1 Like

Good comment!

I had a conversation today that maybe Joker will get DC to break away from the campy movies and start making some more mature/gritty films.

I’ll also check out that interview.

I understand why DC needs to be more “family friendly” but at the same time if they weren’t so censored I’d look forward to their books more than my independant books.

I’m an adult with my own money and I want to spend that money on images of scantly clad warrior women with foul mouthes.

1 Like

The black label comics are definitely worth it! Good story lines Great art work. I’m hoping this will inspire better things for her comic book series which kinda fell flat for me. Time will tell … love Harleen tho and can’t wait to get my hands on the next one ! :diamonds::black_joker:

1 Like

Harleen is one of my favorite books in a long, long time. I cannot wait for issue 2.

Criminal Sanity was really good too - I recommend people read both!! :harley_hv_1::joker_hv_1:

Absolutely loved the first issue and can’t wait for more

2 Likes

I GOT MINE!!!
Can’t wait to talk about it!!!

3 Likes

I really enjoyed it. I bought it and read it the same night. It was different than the traditional HQ comics which are very goofy and clumsy at times. I enjoyed her story and the artwork and very much look forward to reading issue #2.
I am really enjoying the Black Label issues and look forward to future releases. I hope they do some Watchmen, Green Arrow and JL Dark under this label.

1 Like

Finally got a chance to finish Book Two…

WOW!

I really get the feeling that they’re taking their time with this story. So much more background than just the relationship between Harley and Joker.

I’m REALLY enjoying this book!!!

3 Likes

Honestly I feel it’s about time that we got an actual backstory to Harley Quinn, a sort of deep dive that really (in my opinion) opened her up to more possibility? Correct me if I’m wrong but she’s always been “Joker’s Girlfriend” even when she tried to break away from him.

That being said I’m a really really big fan of how she was written here and I cannot WAIT for Pamela (Sejic’s next black label project).

2 Likes

I finally got a chance to read this and I am floored! It was amazing. It’s exactly what I was hoping DC Black Label would be.

The art is phenomenal, and the storytelling is equally phenomenal. It is not a rush-through-it comic, it’s so full of depth, emotion and relatability. And it never fails to remind us that this relationship is bad. But also shows how she got trapped into it.

The rogues are written amazingly too. I’m loving Harvey Dent and Joker.

This series is on my list of spectacular comics.

4 Likes

While reading the annual #1 from Harley Quinn 2013 i found out a few pages with an art style that blow my mind (Foliage Freakout) and got me into looking who draw it, which didn’t took long to find out the name, Stjpen Sejic, which bring me here.

I haven’t read from this post because I don’t want to spoil this comic ( I promise I will let my thoughts and read all of yours once I buy it), but I don’t want to open another discussion just to ask a few question and i’m scare to google for specific info because of spoilers.

My questions are:
Is there a set number of comics for this series or is an ongoing series?
In this series have the chance of being release as a whole in one book when it ends?

Also what’s a good place to look for this kind of information spoiler free, for future reference?

It’s a 3-issue run that wrapped up a couple weeks ago, though the issues are double-sized, so it’s about the same length as a typical 6-issue miniseries

The collected trade will be released on Feb. 11, according to Amazon

1 Like

Thank you for the information!

1 Like