Let’s Talk About Merry Little Batman

I might give it a watch when it comes out. It’s funny, I remember seeing stills for the movie a few weeks back and being kinda :grimacing: about it because it looks just so off-model and weird. But I have to say, it looks a lot better in motion – which makes sense considering that, y’know, that’s what the movie is supposed to be.

In that sense, it kind of reminds me of the Aquaman King of Atlantis animated trilogy that came out a year or so ago (that dear ole’ Uncle Zazzley threw in the WB vault for tax purposes), and I remember liking that one pretty well, so if it has a similar vibe, I’ll probably be into it.

4 Likes

Looks like it could be interesting, hope it’s funny!

5 Likes

me to

5 Likes

I’ve watched Merry Little Batman. If you are over 8, this movie ain’t for you. I don’t know who David Hornsby is, but his Joker is so bad, I never want to hear his voice ever again.

5 Likes

After seeing a few clips and not being able to stand it, I think I’d rather just abstain. The art has not grown on me.

4 Likes

Thank you! I thought I was the outsider in this one lol

3 Likes

Just saw it and was very fun Christmas movie. Some good bat dad moments.

A standard father son Christmas story but nice to see bats being a good dad in it. Nice moments between him and Damian. All I head was stripsey throughout it :laughing::sweat_smile:.

The villains were fun. Having them be all old and retired was great :laughing:. A lot of classic batmovie references throughout.

The style was unique but I enjoyed it. I always like when they try new things with superheroes in animation and animation was great. Very fluid. And nice action too.

Overall a fun adventure. Definitely targeted towards a younger audience but a fun holiday movie non the less.

5 Likes

Absolutely loved it! Best Christmas movie ever (minus Elf)!

Damian = Perfect
Alfred = Perfect
Bruce = Perfect
Batdad = Perfect
Mr. Freeze = Perfect
Poison Ivy = Perfect
Penguin = Perfect
Bane = Perfect
Joker = Joker

10/10 movie! Loved every second of it!

4 Likes

Finally got around to watching this and it was cute in a demented sort of way. The animation was definitely nightmare fuel at times, but I can also appreciate that they wanted to do something deliberately weird and distinctive. It was obvious this was more for kids and took some big liberties w/ the characters, but it’s not like this is meant to be some serious adaptation, so that was all fine w/ me. I especially liked David Hornsby’s Joker, though maybe I’m just biased after watching and loving him on Always Sunny for so many years

6 Likes

I thought the movie was really cute! Sure it was kind of weird and all that but overall good Christmas kids movie.

5 Likes

This was such a good movie, I watched it with my son :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Welcome to the community.

3 Likes

Welcome to the community @RedxCarbon! Glad to hear you enjoyed it. Please don’t hesitate to let the moderator team know if you need anything. :batparrot:

3 Likes

Welcome, @RedxCarbon!

3 Likes

Welcome to the community @RedxCarbon !

Thank you for your thoughts and I’m glad you liked it.

3 Likes

Thank you for being so welcoming everyone! :slight_smile:

3 Likes