Let’s Talk About Anything DC

I desperately need DC to make a Tim Drake movie and they need to let me make the soundtrack because I said so. It’ll basically be like 50 Blink-182 songs and maybe also Hello Hello by Trixie Mattel and some Weezer.

4 Likes

Will likely highly divide the fandom since Tim is a very inconsistent character.

Letting inmates run the asylum has been one of the DCEU’s biggest problems, and they are hinting they will finally stop that.

4 Likes

I spent so much time thinking about TimKon in the past few weeks is that at this point I am sick of thinking about them. Yes, I still ship them. Yes, I still want more than anything in this life for them to get together, but anytime they cross my mind in any way shape or form I just get bored now because I spent probably half of last month thinking about nothing but them. I broke my own brain.

3 Likes

I never get tired of thinking of myself and my future husband. You need to work on your devotion to this fandom. You have to push yourself harder!

Harder!!

Harder!!!

4 Likes

That’s awesome! Now imagine if they used the Mixtape Monday Tim Drake playlist!

3 Likes

Yes, that, but also like 57 more blink-182 songs
I swear to God half their songs were written for Tim

3 Likes

I cannot help the joke.

[Sends link to article where they just ramble on about hating Tim and how Bob the Goon is his superior in every way]

3 Likes

If that happens wouldn’t mind the Robin from Batman 89

3 Likes

Drake Wilson is not TIm.

4 Likes

Oh really, I just thought because they kept calling him Drake that it’s supposed to be Tim. Oh well.

If Tim was given a movie, would you think he should be played by a black actor or keep him same looking?

3 Likes

Same looking. Always at least try to cast somebody who looks the part.

4 Likes

@basicallytimdrake what are your thoughts on Tim’s new suit in titans?

6 Likes

Awesome :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Woah that looks sick

5 Likes

This is literally a topic onto itself but I just wanted to post it here.

Anyone have a favorite superhero tribute video? I have plenty, but I wanted to share one of my favorites here.

This video is from YouTube channel LemART about the greatest superhero and one of the best trilogies ever.

3 Likes

I personally don’t have a favorite tribute video but the one you just posted for Spider-Man is an excellent one

3 Likes

I like it all except the abs. They look kinda weird imo

4 Likes

Jason Todd is a Shakespearean tragedy Tim Drake is a Greek tragedy I will not be elaborating as of this second bye

3 Likes

Jason is not a Shakespearian tragedy as the tragic hero must have a flaw that contributes their fall. Jason had no flaws that contributed to his death.

Tim is still alive. Creon is the only Greek tragic hero who lived, and Tim is no Creon.

3 Likes

Inspired by @basicallytimdrake post about different characterizations of Tim Drake

I want to highlight something similar with the character of Martian Manhunter. He has three different well-known characterizations that sometimes overlap with each other, but usually they are consistent and they stand out to me for being different takes on the character influenced by different eras of his character.

“The detective” John Jones/The Manhunter from Mars: The Martian Manhunter has many disguises but one prominent one was the detective alias John Jones. In this form, Martian Manhunter is usually a hard-boiled detective who specializes on being a ordinary cop, solving crimes no else can. This version is still trying figure out humanity by hiding among them and is one that downplays many of his extraordinary feats for more grounded work being a detective. All his adventures are all sci-fi fun with many of his cases involving aliens or villains with strange powers. He’s not a superhero, he’s a police officer.

“The superhero” Martian Manhunter/ Heart and soul of the Justice League:
This one comes from silver age Justice league and the post-crisis Justice league. This version is the traditional superhero who is largely connected to the Justice league and represents the best of them. J’onn being the wisest among them as well as it’s most powerful. This personality is usually more stoic and is more closely connected to humanity through his time with the league where he is seen as a second in command. He is also a great friend to people like Batman and enjoys Chocos.

"The Martian" The Outsider/The Ruthless Warrior From Mars:
Prominently in the new 52. This version of Martian Manhunter is the most alien out of all his characterizations. His abilities are unparalleled but this iteration lacks greater understanding of humanity and perfers to be alone, focusing on understanding others from a distance. He uses his telepathy far more unethically and is more ruthless to a degree where his role on earth is akin to an enforcer of peace and less of a superhero. He has no significant attachment to the justice league and while still a hero, he lacks the ability to see his place among them.

As I said before, these characterizations are not static. Martian Manhunter has a really interesting character dynamic where these character traits jump around constantly that it makes him complex from a writing perspective. His essentials are that he is a Martian who finds himself on earth and becomes a hero. Where he goes there is entirely up to the writers.

5 Likes