Let’s Talk About Anything DC

I need a Wayne family adventures issue where Jean-Paul valley is the main character. He’s only been a background in the webtoons which is unfortunate.

6 Likes

Mordru.

6 Likes

The list of comic book writers I like more than Grant Morrison is a very short one. Alan Moore is on it.

6 Likes

If I had a nickle for every time John Constantine has peeled off the skin of women then made out with their skeletons I’d have two nickles. Which isn’t a lot but it’s weird that it happened twice

7 Likes

In the first two volumes of hellblazer I can personally confirm that in both volumes:

• the weird skeleton stuff
  • John gets called a homophobic slur
  • John dramatically shaves his face during or before a climatic story beat
5 Likes

John Constantine is far more interesting as the mess he is rather than being “good.”

7 Likes

Absolutely

4 Likes

So as I’m sure you’ll know I’m like deeply invested in Tim Drake and such and I have a very specific image of him built in my head that’s a very odd mix of things that are specifically canon and things that other people have said and is widely agreed upon in fanon and then things that I have just decided that are true about him and I will refuse to believe otherwise and sometimes the lines between what’s canon and what is just the things going on in my brain gets blurred and I kind of forget what’s actually 100% true and what isn’t which is fine because forget canon I can think about what I want about Tim and that’s just going to be how it is
Anyways today I was thinking about Tim and the many personality traits and such I have just bestowed upon him that is explicitly stated in canon and I remembered that Tim does not canonically have anxiety, even if a lot of things that he’s done and that have happened makes it seem like he should 1,000% be cleary stated to have anxiety because like, look at him. I don’t know how much of this is just me projecting but like holy hell he’s a disaster he has a lot of things going on in his brain clearly and one of those things is clearly at least to me, anxiety. DC for the love of God just like make this one thing canon please because I’m pretty sure it’s widely agreed in fanon so like just let it happen. That’s all thanks.

5 Likes

I don’t feel like proofreading this rant so my apologies if it’s not even semiccoherent

5 Likes

Hey at least you get you’re thoughts out there. I have a problem where I want to edit my post simply because a sentence doesn’t flow as I want to. Your post is totally fine.

6 Likes

Character debut spoilers for Lazarus Planet: Dark Fate #1!

I have to gush about this somewhere so:

It is SO cool to not only see a hero with top surgery scars, but one who is so proud of their transition that those scars are implemented into their costume. I feel immensely seen.

8 Likes

Who are they I am now invested in that character even though I know nothing about them

5 Likes

That’s Circuit Breaker!! Aka Jules Jourdain. Brand new hero with cool green glowy energy powers, I’m eagerly awaiting more appearances in future issues because I just know this guy has my whole heart already. Also his costume is like … space cowboy, literally, and I’m just. IN AWE.

5 Likes

I’m obsessed

5 Likes

One of my favorite panels in volume two of hellblazer

6 Likes

Nice beehive.

6 Likes

I just binged Drag Race and now I’m doodling Superman inspired high fashion looks

6 Likes

My Jimmy Olsen look will be iconic (he says, despite not being able to walk in heels)

6 Likes

Just finished The Horrorist. I will never recover. Dear god what an upsetting, depressing, beautiful, heartbreaking, disgusting, uplifting story.

4 Likes

@basicallytimdrake ; I saw ya mention some where bout Pride Month this year an hoping for more, thought I would mention, I just finished reading the special issue of Shazam Family something or other, Fury of the Gods, which i wish was a disclaimer in the title because it had very little to do with the upcoming movie, ANYHOW.

There was a panel in one of the stories, where Pedro , was watching a baseball game in a stadium, can’t remember if he was in superhero form or not, but it was a simple panel of him watching the game from far above in the stadium, and he just says, " He’s so cute " or something of the sort. Now for those quick on the draw, he was referencing supposedly the person up at the plate batting.

ME,

it took me like a good 30 seconds to figure out wtf was going on, because he was way up high on the rafters, and all i could think was, how the heck can he see anyone from way up there.

Sooo, who knows what might be in store for Pedro in the Shazam family.

7 Likes