Let’s Talk About Anything DC

I was gonna say “I’d definitely frame that one time when a member didn’t know what Jay Jay the Jet Plane was” BUT THAT WAS ALSO YOU

I guess you’re just the stuff of legend around here?

7 Likes

I’m honored. And YES that was a wonderful moment

7 Likes

we need to make a DCUI Community Hall of Fame and it’s all just stuff Bookworm has said

7 Likes

@biff_pow 's “[fires annulment arrow]” STILL lives in my head rent-free

7 Likes

You could literally use “things Bookworm has said” as muse prompts for DC characters. Which character has said “Oh Dear God” when googling JJTJP for the first time?

7 Likes

awwwww y’all are too sweet. And it would be good to compile @Jurisdiction 's finest puns, @DC89 's most adorable gifs, and @basicallytimdrake 's most earth-shaking relevations

6 Likes

what the hell have i said that’s earth-shaking??

6 Likes

Aww- thx for that @bookwormfitzpatrick.91230. :hugs:

7 Likes

everyone stop what you’re doing and go to bookworm’s new thread

7 Likes

i think dick grayson should
If you love our moonshine denim you're going to LOVE our Simpson Leather Pants! She features a zipper and button closure in the front, a raw hem so all our petite customers can cut them to the ideal length. If in between sizes we suggest going up a size! We love styling our Moonshine Jeans with a BuddyLove North top, chunky heel, and your favorite stack of arm candy! Product Details: Fit: The Simpson Pants fits generously. Length: Raw hem allowing for easy alterations to accommodate all lengths.Ankle-high buffed leather boots in blue. · Zip closure at inner side · Buffed leather lining · Covered buffed leather midsole · Treaded rubber outsole · Platform: H2 in · Heel: H4 in Supplier color: Electric blue

6 Likes

yaaaassss

4 Likes

Villains would FLEE from Grayon’s kicks if he was rocking those heels.

5 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

6 Likes

You know I’m surprised that I never noticed it before.

In Next Batman: Second Son. Jace Fox describes in his youth how he was someone who didn’t care about responsibility and enjoyed the thrill life he had as a millionaire kid. On Tim’s Fox 17th year birthday, he accidentally killed a man in a hit and run where thereafter he was sent away to a military academy.

Meanwhile his youngest brother Luke Fox was always booksmart, keeping up with education to be smart like their dad. In the Batwing book, Luke Fox despite being a genius kid, began practicing boxing a year later when he was sixteen years-old to eventually become a MMA fighter.

I’m totally going to sound like I’m writing a essay, but I have a theory of mine that growing up, Tim might probably had been Luke’s protector and that Luke was likely only 15 years-old when Tim was sent away. Leading Luke later on to be bullied and forcing himself to be a fighter at sixteen and act like his popular brother. Prior to that, I think Luke was never the popular kid at school but he could always rely on his older brother who loved to fight against bad people to keep him safe.

It’s only a belief, but I think with the knowledge that Tim “Jace” Fox is canonical that certain stories that happen in the new 52 could tie-in into a greater story not told yet.
Example would be how Luke Fox when he was still a young man practicing MMA in Gotham that he had a friend named Russell who was struggling to fit in unlike Luke. Russell was a awkward, smart, and had disorder that caused him to be perceived things differently which everyone else thought was weird. Luke even tells him this bluntly, saying he won’t always be there to protect him. I Just Imagine now he was thinking of Tim and how his absence lead Luke to think he was abandoned.

I could totally buy into the logic that Luke saw himself in Russell and wanted to help him in a way that Tim never could when he was younger. I would love a retcon where Jace was shown as the protective older brother who taught Luke to throw punches. And how Luke took influence from the way his brother was to become a hero.

6 Likes

Can’t say I agree, but I have to give an upvote for all that work. Good job.

7 Likes

please watch this video, it makes too much sense.

5 Likes

Worldwide Aquaman is the highest grossing DC movie at $1,148,528,393
2 is The Dark Knight Rises at $1,081,041,287
3 is Joker at $1,074,458,282
4 is The Dark Knight at $1,006,234,167

No other DC movie has made 900 million, and that leads to me wondering what markets made Aquaman a bigger grosser than all these films about DC’s three most popular superheroes.

What I always hear is the reason is China’s box office, and that is indeed why it is number 1. Numbers 3 and 4 were never released in China, and Aquaman made almost six times the money there as The Dark Knight Rises. Remove China and the numbers are now-

1- Joker at 1,074,458,282
2- The Dark Knight Rises at 1,028,255,953
3- The Dark Knight at 1,006,234,167
4- Aquaman at 856,728,393

Even without its Chinese number that is a huge haul. In contrast that it is still made more than Wonder Woman with its Chinese release, and it seems Aquaman is by far DC’s highest performing film there.

5 Likes

The title/preview alone have already dealt psychic damage.

5 Likes

Ok I have a serious DC rant to get off my chest.
What the hell was DC doing in 2021, deciding to make a Robin bi, and a Superboy bi, but then making those two be Tim and Jon. Tim, I 100% understand. But why Jon? Why did it have to be Jon? Don’t get me wrong, him and Jay in Son of Kal-El was really cute, and I appreciated them together there, but in the months since its final issue, I’ve realized I don’t really miss seeing them together that much. When I want to revisit Jon, I go to the Supersons comics. I feel like a lot of fans at this point wonder why it wasn’t Tim and Kon to come out. Them coming out would have made the most sense. They could then eventually get together, and I’m sure a huge amount of people would have been happy with a finally canon TimKon, and the people against it would have said the same crap they say now about Tim and Bernard probably. Speaking of Tim and Bernard, them together just makes far less sense than Tim and Kon would have. I adore Tim and Bernard together, but I can also recognize some of the criticism towards their relationship when people say that their romance came out of nowhere and that Bern and Tim never had any chemistry before Urban Legends. (Though I personally think that they had tension back in the 2000s when Bernard was introduced, but more from a Bernard-liked-Tim-and-Tim-didn’t-see-that standpoint) Tim and Kon on the other hand, have just always felt like they should be a couple, especially in Young Justice 98. In every comic featuring them since then, they’ve pretty much always seemed like they were meant to be. I mean hell- when Kon died, Tim freaking snapped and tried to clone him and there was the whole mess with all that. Tim and Bernard are written specifically to have chemistry and be seen as a great couple. Tim and Kon always just have that chemistry, even if they aren’t written to be a couple. With all this said, I still appreciate Tim and Bern together, and I’ll continue to ship it and read the comics and all that. But the more I read with Tim and Kon in it, the more I just can’t help but wonder why it was decided to have Bern come out. Why he and Tim ended up together. My love for TimBer definitely comes from a place of the fact that I kin Tim, and Bernard is just who I would rather be with as opposed to Kon, but that doesn’t mean that Tim would feel the same, really.
Jon Kent never should have gotten aged up. DC should have let him remain a kid, and going on Supersons adventures with Damian. He shouldn’t have come out as bi- that should have been Kon. Kon could have been the one to take over as Superman, and gotten the solo series instead of there being Son of Kal-El. This would have made so much more sense. A lot of people who hate TimBer hate it because they wildly prefer TimKon. A lot of people who dislike the fact that Jon got aged up was because they miss how it was with the Supersons, or they think Kon was more deserving of getting his time in the spotlight.
All these thoughts have been bouncing around in my skull for a week or two now, but the reason I ended up writing this today was because I saw this fanart, a remake of the cover for the Tim Drake Pride Special

And as much as I adore the original, seeing Kon replacing Bern just makes a million times more sense. Tim and Bernard really were not meant to be. Tim and Kon were though.

I know I did not even begin to discuss any of Tim or Kon’s other love interests and why they make less sense than TimKon, because if I did, this would be probably 2x as long and this is already far too much to write about a couple of ships.
That’s all, goodbye.

6 Likes

I never thought you would be the one to say it but damn. :smile:

So when it comes to superboy now our second superman Johnathan Kent. Yeah, he probably shouldn’t been bisexual. I mean I was honestly annoyed at the reveal. When it came to Tim I wasn’t mad, in fact I was kinda intrigued where it was going. With Johnathan I was saying to myself, “Don’t go there. Don’t you do it. Ah! He did it!” For me, Jay was fine, but I didn’t care for him at all. Johnathan Kent was also changed into somebody else. The kind of development he has is not what I would have liked. I even wrote one time somewhere in the forums how each writer, Bendis, Taylor, and Kennedy of the supermen books all have different takes on older Johnathan that don’t really line up with each other let alone how Jurgens and Tomasi wrote younger Johnathan.

I really would have appreciated our Superboy connor being Bisexual. Tim and Connor have way more sense. For me, it’s ruined now because of the fact DC doesn’t want to be seen as outing to many characters and be criticized by some writer on screenrant or CBR who delivers a bad take like “Why DC keeps making their old characters Bisexual is a bad thing for readers?”

I gotta say it but because Harley Quinn, Alan Scott, Tim Drake, and Johnathan Kent all came out as LGBTQ around the same time, they probably won’t add another like Connor simply for corporate dogmatic reasons.

The sad part is I’m not really ranting. I’m just disappointed :disappointed:.

6 Likes