Let’s Talk About Anything DC

I’m down with that as well

4 Likes

wayne family adventures established damian wayne paints, and now I want him to have this shirt

2 Likes

If you’ll excuse me I apparently have a podcast to listen to

3 Likes

Things I Would Do If DC Let Me Write Their 2023 Pride Issue:

• Plastic Man taking Pado Swagatoon to his first pride (featuring Pado attending a support group for trans kids and Plas turning himself into a pride flag)
  • The Arrowfam rages against pink capitalism and goes to a pride protest. Ollie shoots his glitter trick arrow at a cop and/or a homophobic senator.
  • A Doom Patrol Story. I don’t care what happens in it.
  • Give Coagula her flowers!! A story where she kicks ass while reflecting on her transition journey and how far she and her community have come.
  • John Constantine visits the grave of his lover from the 90s who died of aids, and, feeling angry with the way history is repeating as the LGBT community has become a strawman for the GOP again, decides to talk some of his demon buddies/forcing his demon enemies to haunt a homophobic governor’s house
  • Booster Gold finally comes out. Release him from the closet, DC.
  • Bonus points for Booster and Rip having an LGBT history related adventure. Rip just wants to see an Oscar Wilde play for the historical value, Booster decides to pick a fight with Oscar Wilde and tries to steal his thunder. May or may not end with Booster Gold and Oscar Wilde hooking up (Booster is 100% Oscar’s type)
  • Fire And Ice are released from the closet. DC’s been teasing this, and I really hope the story is actually specific to those characters and not just “generic pride story”.
  • The Hal Jordan Issue. In my perfect world, there’s already been an arc of them struggling with their gender identity. I’d like an issue that’s just. Pure, unadulterated trans joy. Maybe Hal struggling to pick an outfit for Pride that she feels represents their truest self, grappling with their internalized homophobia and transphobia, until a trans friend (possibly Dinah) helps her and does her makeup and Hal, for the first time in a while, recognizes herself in the mirror yadda yadda and it’s really cute.
  • Alternatively, DC actually confirms Hal’s pansexuality. It doesn’t have to be a pride issue, actually. My pitch is a story that’s been rattling around in my brain where Hal reflects on six of his past relationships (the color palettes of each story correspond to the six main lantern corps colors, and that associated emotion is the reason the relationship ended i.e. Hal and ‘yellow ex’ broke up because he was too scared of his own feelings to be honest with himself, which made him kind of a crappy partner). And some of the exes are men. But at least two so it’s not like “this one story about Hal’s one same-sex relationship is now representative of all same-sex relationships” because I want Hal to have a deeply toxic boyfriend he had too much in common with to really love. Anyway, the last ex is, obviously, Carol, and it ends with Hal coming to the conclusion that even though they may very well be soulmates, ultimately, they’ve been blinded by their passion for each other and they’re together mostly because they look good together, and that in reality, they want to be each other, and as a result, their relationship is relentlessly toxic and they only ever hurt each other. So they break up for realsies.
  • Shining Knight and Vigilante go on a date. It’s very cute and chaotic. A bad guy crashes it and they go full battle couple.
  • Hartley Rathaway dumps his deadbeat boyfriend and throws a molotov cocktail at a protest
3 Likes

My favorite Bat-family members so far are:

1. Helena Wayne
  2. Luke Fox
  3. Cassandra Cain
  4. Jason Todd
  5. Duke Thomas
  6. Damian Wayne
  7. Stephanie Brown
  8. Renee Montoya Question
  9. Alfred
  10. Jim Gordon
5 Likes

For me, my list represents something of a ideal or meaning on who these characters are in the greater in the Batman mythos.

Jim, Renee, and Alfred are the Batman’s best allies. They represent the best of Gotham and despite the moral laspe for Renee in Fear state, she is Gotham’s finest detective and officer who wants what is best for the city.

Other people like Damian Wayne and Cassandra Cain are the true son and daughter of Batman. They are Batman’s skills and personality perfected at a young age and to the point that without Bruce’s wisdom and compassion they would have likely been just hollow shells of that. They are Batman without actually being the man himself.
Jason Todd as Red hood is Batman’s vengeance, the most emotional out of all the other sons and the “worst” Robin. He has no compassion for criminals and one who would’ve been the villain if it weren’t for the Bat-family pulling him back into the light to be on the side of good. His definitely a relatable person, his tragedy and his redemption make him feel so much special in the Bat-family. He challenges Bruce in ways no one else can, and simply because he cares so much about the well-being of others and the injustices caused by the worst people out there.

Duke Thomas and Stephanie Brown are the best Robin’s that never really were. They have the skills and knowledge to be another Robin, and for a time they briefly were, but to be alongside Batman is too different and their individuality has them seek their own path and identity that doesn’t have the rigid training that Bruce requires his Robin’s to be. The choice of going their own way defines their heroism.

Luke is obviously my favorite male character here. He’s not the successor to Batman or even the best hero in Gotham, but for me, Luke Fox made my number 2 list because he is everything Bruce Wayne would have been without the trauma or loss that defines Bruce. Luke grew up under the influence of people who helped establish Batman and it shows as rather than spoiled by the life of a rich elite, Luke Fox became altruistic and a genius. The kind of person that parallels Bruce Wayne, as he uses the wealth and intelligence to still follow the path of justice. Luke adopted the Batwing mantle, strengthening his endeavors to become a powerful tech hero in Gotham. He showcases himself as a celebrity bachelor, but unlike Bruce, their is no disguise to it, he enjoys it and balancing the superhero and personal life is difficult without letting people down on either side.
The man is not perfect, but he’s fairly interesting and someone who might be closest to Bruce than people might think.

Lastly is Helena Wayne. Personally love everything about her. She doesn’t adopt the mantle of Batman, but chooses her own, yet she does so by adopting the lessons and skills of her criminal mother and heroic father. She’s strong, level-headed, elegant, compassionate, an all-around fantastic female hero.
She’s not only a great legacy hero but she transforms the mantle into her own which is even better than simply adopting a mantle.

3 Likes

i think dc should let angsty teenage bruce wayne wear these

just a thought.

4 Likes

I’m dming Rob Patts on Neopets right now and he agrees.

Disclaimer: Jk about the knowing RP part, not about Neopets.

5 Likes

This was absolute effing S L A Y and I want to cosplay her
download - 2023-01-19T114802.228
Can’t believe they made the absolute BANGER of a design and only used it for one issue

2 Likes

DC power: A Celebration is out Tuesday and honestly I’m excited for it.

What’s great is that they will feature my favorite characters Vixen and Batwing teaming up.

Screenshot_20230128_014037_Chrome~2

4 Likes

I don’t know how popular this take is, but I really do not care for this art style, and these redesigns

5 Likes

Backstreet boys, All right!

4 Likes

Yeah, me neither.

4 Likes

The artstyle is kind of generic but the redesigns look great.

5 Likes

I disagree, I think the original uniforms are classic and these, to me, are just ugly and unessecary

3 Likes

BATWOMAN VS. BATGIRL

• Batwoman
  • Batgirl

0 voters

5 Likes

Does anyone know what happened to the Iceberg Lounge?
It’s been months where every time I try to go there, there’s no discussions available.

4 Likes

Are you part of the lounge? I noticed it’s quiet as well, and while I am a level three member I haven’t formally joined. But than again are they accepting any new people?

I think we need a Detective :smile:.

4 Likes

At my Wal-Mart Black Adam continues to get restocked and sell out.

6 Likes

download - 2023-01-30T100650.610
I love you Connor <3

2 Likes