Pinterest comments about Gotham are unhinged

Screenshot 2023-05-16 2.07.39 PM
Screenshot 2023-05-16 1.57.23 PM
Screenshot 2023-05-16 1.56.52 PM
Screenshot 2023-05-16 1.54.12 PM

Screenshot 2023-05-14 11.25.06 PM
Screenshot 2023-05-14 11.26.31 PM

4 Likes

What are everyone’s thoughts on this Detective comics series?

5 Likes

I read the first 20 or so and absolutely loved it but then for some reason stopped reading. I was a huge fan of the way Tim was written, at least in what I read

4 Likes

Tim was definitely a highlight! Another highlight for me was Cassandra and azrael. I also stopped reading it after awhile because I just forgot about it and started reading other things. I do want to finish it sometime.

4 Likes

I don’t know how I feel about her character so far but Sophia Falcone is absolutely :sparkles: stunning :sparkles: in Gotham

3 Likes

LMAOOOO, they are worse than I am. :rofl:

4 Likes

It is very possible (but unlikely) that Flash will make more domestically its opening weekend than Shazam 2 made worldwide its entire run.

5 Likes

No amount of words can express how obsessed I am with Oswald and Edward’s petty overdramatic energy towards each other in late season 3/ early season 4

3 Likes

I read James Tynion Justice league dark first to know he makes excellent team books.

Initially I Wasn’t a Tim Drake Robin fan so I didn’t care about this series when it was around. But I’ve come to enjoy it immensely years later thanks to the Tim Drake fans out there somehow brainwashing me to love the guy. And I do now.

I like this run as it gave Batwoman arguably her best years when she ran the Belfry team, and while I don’t care for the colony arc, I’ll admit it was cool to see Jacob Kane in there as well.

Obviously Batwing is here as well and I think I use 1/3 of my reference material of Batwing from this run alone. He’s plays such a minor role but much like everyone else here, there are certain moments in the narrative where individual characters shine throughout.

I guess it’s interesting to mention a lot of James Tynion ideas here will get significantly improved upon years later in Justice League Dark and his Batman run.

5 Likes

This is really cool. I have never seen this one before.

6 Likes

Meh. I lasted nine issue and left when Tim did. Came back for the four issues where Tim came back. When you only care about one or two characters (Bruce and Tim) out of six to eight, it’s hard to justify spending money on it.

Those that do like Steph, Cass, Kate and Clayface seem to like the series.

5 Likes

I wouldn’t worry until you start buying a monocle and six umbrellas.

5 Likes

That’s depressing.

5 Likes

It made so little money, that it is really not that impressive a feat anymore.

That the whole box office run was insane. Like every single day for the first several weeks it somehow made less than projected with already small projections.

5 Likes

My opinion is that the best Batwoman we got was from the Bombshell series. Her character is fun and awesome. Her development there is way better than anything in the mainline books.

7 Likes

God I really wish I had the ability to analyze an actors performance and put my thoughts into words because I’d love to talk about Robin Lord Taylor’s performance as Oswald Cobblepot but my brain hasn’t unlocked the ability to describe acting yet so I’m going to just say a few random things. I am so intrigued by RLT’s acting as Oswald. Like, the physicality of it. The limp, obviously, but then like, the way he shows his facial expressions. The way he gets all shaky when he’s feeling a strong emotion. Let me clarify, I do not know what good acting looks like because I do not know how people act and what is realistic. Idk what real people act like. Idk what poorly written dialogue is, words are just words and my brain chooses at random what I find compelling and what I do not. One person could respond to this post like, “hey Robin Lettuce Tomato actually can’t act for crap and his performance as the Penguin sucked,” and I would have no choice but to trust that opinion because idk what good acting is. But seeing RLT as Ozzie is one of the few times where I can say fairly confidently that he acts good (in Gotham at least.) Thats all bye.
ozzie

4 Likes

I really like his performance of what I’ve seen so far. I think handles all aspects of the character pretty damn brilliantly(imo) and what you said about the facial expressions I totally agree he nails the emotion that needs to corelate with the words he saying. (If this doesn’t make sense idrk what I’m talking about so do with it what you will.) Also the gif thing is… I love it

4 Likes

It does make sense, I totally get it
And thank you I made that gif for some reason lol

4 Likes