Let’s Talk About Anything DC

Yay!!! Analysing actors is one thing I can actually kinda do, so validation is always nice. Anyways night y’all. I have more Gotham to watch.

4 Likes

Hell yeah

4 Likes

I love this

3 Likes

Corey Michael Smith calls him that and ever since the first time I heard it I’ve been unable to stop calling him it

4 Likes

I love Duke Thomas: Signal.

It’s crazy for a guy I first read about in Brian Hill’s Batman and The Outsiders in 2018, he actually has quite the presence in the new 52 and the first volume of Tom King’s Batman.

His certainly underappreciated because I think he’s a very good Robin that is actually not called a Robin.
I like Batman always describe Duke’s role as signal to be sometimes new and that’s pretty cool.

I definitely want to talk more about him. See how far I can go before I run out of reading material. :smile:

6 Likes

Any recommendations for him? I feel like he’s the only batfamily member I don’t read a lot of

5 Likes

Well like I mentioned there is Brian Hill’s Batman and the Outsiders. He has a lot of good moments with Cassandra Cain there.

There is also his own miniseries with Batman and he is the protagonist in We Are Robin. Lastly, there is also Wayne Family Adventures where he is arguably one of the central characters. Outside the mainline books, it’s where I seen Duke Thomas the most.

6 Likes

is it better than the Episode Adaptation?

4 Likes

I think the episode was a very good adaptation, but I do like the comic more because it told a little more story, and I love the art style in a comic form

5 Likes

Mastapiece

4 Likes

@Jurisdiction

Reading some old comics that featured Hop Harrigan. I noticed something funny about our friend Tank.

When Hop and Tank are in native lands, and decide to disguise themselves as south American natives(I know :grimacing:) to blend in. Hop wears a traditional warrior armor meanwhile Tank wears a more “feminine” appearance with makeup and a earing.

In 40s Green Lantern #10 Hop Harrigan and Tank get stranded on a similar tribal village when Tank gets offered to a marriage to multiple women in said village after providing them trading gifts. Now I get the pressure of not wanting to be tied down but Tank is funny about it. He even trades in said marriage to a prisoner of war just so he can get out of a marriage with a beefy woman. Tank is nonsensical.
Screenshot_20230520_194751_Infinite

Now I’m not saying anything, Tank a gay icon. Impossible! However after reading these issues If Tank was somehow revealed to be a gay man than I wouldn’t be surprised. :smile:
My god, Tank has more queer reading material than our confirmed LGBTQ Green Lantern Alan Scott.

6 Likes

Maybe Tank is a Drag Queen? Oh my god that’s my new headcanon

4 Likes

Get @bookwormfitzpatrick.91230 in this conversation he would love this thing. :laughing:

Edit:

Actually if there is one more thing of nonsense I like to add upon. Tank is actually a badasss.

Look how he takes out some Japanese soldiers.

And when a Japanese soldier surrender to him, he not only does so but mentions how he feels sorry for him seeing him use a butterfly net.

This guy. Total badass.

If my stupid logic of that he is a lgbtq character true than it makes him that more awesome to me.

5 Likes

Trying to enjoy the queer content but that racism is making me SO uncomfortable

5 Likes

Every few months I start loving Tim and Steph as a couple again. It’s that time again

5 Likes

I respect your commitment to Bernard as I myself gotten to like him as of now. The cinnamon roll he is makes me love that about him. Look at him hitting that bag, You keep at it champ.

You headcannoning Connor with him is something I do a lot with Helena Wayne and Karen Starr, so no shame there unless if I’m going to be throwing stones at my own glass house. (I don’t know if that’s the right use of that expression :sweat_smile:)

However talking about Spoiler and Tim Drake Robin. Yes! I love them.

I think they are (were) the most healthiest of superhero couples in comics. They were my favorite couple to root for and think Stephanie pushing him towards college shows how much she cares about him and probably them getting eventually out of the superhero life.

6 Likes

I could never make a solid judgment if Duke Thomas is ever a truly tragic superhero or a aspirational one. I think it’s in the middle.

You see Duke’s parents were poisoned by joker gas and Duke later on would see Bruce at the hospital where Bruce would comfort him and later offer the position of signal.

It’s important to mention Duke Thomas was already showing his heroic qualities prior to that. Meeting Bruce for the time after Duke’s parents found Bruce and saved him in #30 of the New 52 Batman. Duke as a child began to try to figure out Riddlers clue in a attempt to save Gotham from Riddler’s control. Revealing a sense of obligation to help others just like his parents helped Bruce.

Not to mention as a teenager, he was recruited in a Robin group that he slowly became a leader of where he later again helps Batman fight Mr. Bloom. Even after discovering his parents were semi permanently affected by the joker gas, he still went to help Batman.

I have a deep appreciation for heroes like Tim Drake and Luke Fox who only wanted to help people because it was their choice and not informed by a tragedy. Duke Thomas life was tragic but I don’t think it informed his decision to become a hero. He already was one before he became Signal and I like that a lot about his character.

7 Likes

I want to see the Young Justice '98 crew play Cards Against Humanity together I feel like there would be a lot of chaos

7 Likes

Young Justice + anything = chaos

5 Likes

Ok yeah true

4 Likes