Let’s Talk About Anything DC

I seriously want to thank @TheBatgirlofNML for recommending the Green Lantern: Circle of Fire here:

My god was it a great read.
https://www.dcuniverseinfinite.com/comics/book/-/d64a7000-56cc-48b4-863a-a76ea7000f8d

I won’t say anything that might spoil the story but I enjoyed learning more about Kyle Rayner from here. I wouldn’t say he’s my favorite Green Lantern but he is a damn great character that’s for sure.

This is a spoil free discussion but I do think I want to share some things in the book that I thought were interesting or even funny.

First off, Kyle creating comics is such a self-insert but I love it because his struggles are relatable. Second was that I didn’t know the Circle of Fire arc was written by one of the greatest comic writers in modern times brian k vaughan. No wonder I love this volume so much.

During the first act, we are introduced to a Green Lantern Manhunter who fights for good. Saying they were reprogrammed and were a rare unit to become a Green Lantern.

Knowing the Oans track record with Manhunters I’m 100 percent sure they just grabbed hammers and started bashing the poor thing until it became good.

An visual simulation on what occurred:

:slight_smile:

After the fantastic storyline that was Circle of Fire, we are given an arc written by Judd Winick
Involving Kyle getting kidnapped by the Manhunters and fighting a familiar and new foe who wears a Yellow lantern ring. I got some small opinions about everything that occurred there that I would like to share here.

Apparently the Manhunters have made a power glove that looks shockingly familiar to any Green Lantern fan and anyone who read Young Justice with Teen Green Lantern.
Second is that Kyle looks fantastic with that new haircut.

I love the moments where Kyle hang with John Stewart and Guy Gardner. The trio of Green lanterns before Hal came back and ruined it by making it a foursome.

Kyle, as a fan of Friends, Fraiser, Cheers, and Golden Girls…You are absolutely right :smile:

Batman branded grenades. Couldn’t help himself could he?

This next part my be partially spoiler territory. It’s not connected to Circle of Fire and this unfortunately never went anywhere, so I will block out the image and text just to be fair.

I always been interested in Kyle’s relationship with Jade and unfortunately when I found out this happened it made me even more upset.

I am so done with superheroes getting together and it never going anywhere. Especially when Heroes apparently have a proactive to get with their villains or people who associate with villains like Kyle and Soranik Natu. Not everyone is Batman/Catwoman, so that’s got to stop.

I really loved Circle of fire and highly recommended it for any Rayner fan but also as a great series from the 2000s.

6 Likes