Legion of Super-Heroes Movie 2023 Watchalong HBO Max Thursday May 11 6 p PT / 9 p ET

:man_facepalming:
Dude…that is what I was talking about when I first got back on here. I wasn’t even trying to talk about he microscope or anything on here. I was hoping to talk to you on your old discord. I thought you either didn’t want to talk or you didn’t think I was amon.

Oh man that’s funny. Sorry for the confusion swing by mine if ya want some time.

6 Likes

See this is what happens when you have a secret identity

6 Likes

:laughing::nerd_face: Maybe wearing glasses help. It work for Clark/Superman.

6 Likes

Yes, I’m sorry it was all just a theory.

6 Likes

Aah yes, the famed and mysterious “Clark Kent effect” much to any Bat’s chagrin.

8 Likes

Absolutely! Its Prez’s call on whenever he’d like another seat at the CL table, as his chair is always ready for him.

6 Likes

I’m in the haven’t seen club as well. I can’t wait!!!

5 Likes

I dug the movie when it came out and will happily join this WAL. :+1:t2:

goes to polish his Legion ring in preparation for The Big Night

5 Likes

as opposed to the Final Night polishing of said ring…

5 Likes

Well, I did have this movie stuck in my mental sponge:

Its evidently quite good, but I haven’t seen it…despite reading glowing reviews for it in the newspaper in 1996.

5 Likes

:joy: I actually own that since the day,week,month it released on vhs. I don’t even remember how that worked? But, still have it…

5 Likes

Exciting!! I haven’t seen the movie yet so I’m stoked!!

Questions–

1. When it says we’re doing the discussion portion in this thread, does that mean we’ll need to keep refreshing this page to see people’s messages (or will they just appear in a timely fashion without refreshing? I don’t think I’ve ever seen that happen lol)? Or is there a chatroom we need to join similar to the Legion Fan Club chat?

2. What does ‘discussion’ mean? Like are we saying time-sensitive reaction stuff like “WOW” or “YIKES” or are we saying stuff like “in this essay i’m going to blah blah blah”? I want to know what vibes to bring!

6 Likes

Should be able to make this.
I’ve only seen that first superman movie with parasite from this animation style.

6 Likes

That was the highlight of my day yesterday. Mixed feelings about it. There’s just so much amazing story writing in this series u could literally shoot an arrow & strike a hit movie. They picked a good one too, dark circle :o: TBH tho… I might be too tough a customer to please when it comes to LOSH movie of any kind? Cuz in my eyes it should be amazing no matter what…lol…

6 Likes

Which was just chefs kiss

7 Likes

Hey guys! I’m so sorry, but I might not be able to make it! I completely forgot about a prior obligation that’s set to end at 9:30. It might end earlier, but it might not. I’m sorry again!

6 Likes

Have a good time at your thing!

5 Likes

I did like it. Going back to his first appearance with shooter I always liked the concept of parasite for a superman foe. The story of the movie somewhat reminded me of a digital comic around the same time I think, not sure if they were actually related.
I like the heavy line work for the most part. I wise they would spend more time on their shaders and materials though if they aren’t going to be using that time for smoother animation. The animation is kind of janky with the keyframes at times. It’s fine and all but being a company like dc I just would think they would have smother animations for the films. I get why they did it they way they did for the return of YJ being a tv show and all I suppose.

5 Likes

This thread actually updates very quickly so you can see people’s reactions within seconds.

Below is a link to the Listen Along that I ran last week for the Superman Radio Show and we were just bouncing off each other live, reacting with each other as things happened. It was like being in the same room with everyone on the thread.

6 Likes