[Legion Fan Club] Presents: A Panel a Day of 63 Years of Legion of Super-Heroes

Yeah I guess I did notice that, but in a different way. Now that u say it, it’s obvious to me personally. But b4 that I just always got a feeling that they weren’t really sure how to write for a speedster in space. I just noticed she’s solo the majority of the times she’s on missions. Or just completely solo, traveling back & forth thru time having separate adventures. I guess I noticed those types of repetitive issues, but never really noticed the lack of speedsters til u said it. I just saw it as an issue where u could tell they were struggling to incorporate XS into the storylines. So, they just had her constantly off traveling thru time as speedsters do. Great point, never realized that I sorta did realize it, just from a different perspective…

2 Likes

Tuesday

Cra cra Durlans

3 Likes

Those Durlans … … … … !

3 Likes

Now I have to watch the Secret of Skinwalker Ranch, … … … They’re shapeshifters too, yanno?

2 Likes

yikes

2 Likes

If it’s on the History Channel, must be something to it I say.

2 Likes

Wednesday

So the children of the original Legion have their own Legion. Why does that concept seem familiar (and why are they as petty with Supergirl as their parents were at that age with Superboy)?

4 Likes

Thursday

5 Likes

Cool! This guy showed up on the Flash CW just this week.

4 Likes

Funny how (today) these guys almost come off as stalkers. The “children of” thing, was never mentioned again. Although the new costumes hinted at the fact that they were for newer characters, they’re later retconned into their parents who simply had a bit of a wardrobe mishap in their first appearance.

Hazing in Initiations was common in the 50’s & 60’s. The world has changed a bit since then!

5 Likes

Well it’s Friday, so it’s time for the “solemn pledge”, kids!

5 Likes

I like chlorophyll kid, polar boy & night girl in that panel.

4 Likes

Thanks for sharing this one, Kevin. It is striking looking back at this 60 year old image of the Substitutes exercising their powers while they say their oath. It’s a great effect for sure.

5 Likes

{Grin} Whattabout Stone Boy? He never gets the love … … … He’s turnin’ into stone as hard as he can in that panel! … … … I mean, if “stone” was a verb, He’d be the picture next to the word in the Dictionary! Dag Onnit! …er… I mean Dag Wentim!
Just on this occasion I will assign you a song to listen to just for not showing him a little more love here

5 Likes

LOL Well I mean, if it pleases the jury, Stoneboy is showing his power here just like the others as I mentioned…

5 Likes

I’ve always wondered how Stoneboy talks when he’s stone?

5 Likes

This is one of my favorite Legion stories of all times. Quite a classic! Thanks.

5 Likes

Like a ventriloquist Maybe?

5 Likes

Me too!

4 Likes

Silly, … … … He uses Word Bubbles!

3 Likes