[Legion Fan Club] Presents: A Panel a Day of 63 Years of Legion of Super-Heroes

Yeah it comes from S&LSH #212 - Oct 1975. It’s the back-up story called “A Death Stroke at Dawn”.

4 Likes

Thanks @kevin_oyer.50320 . Turns out it is in Volume 5 of Showcase Presents Legion of Superheroes. Thanks for sharing @CaptainYesterday

4 Likes

But not Deathstroke! Colson NOT Slade!!! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

And not this Slade either LOL, aka one of Don-el fav “fun” bands of the '70s!

4 Likes

So enjoying breakfast and still thinking about what a panel for the day would be unless one appears here of course…

3 Likes

Both Kevin and I are older than the Legion but not by much, so there are stacks of panels to choose from right?

3 Likes

@MisfitCMJ , who loves both the Legion and the Teen Titans, is actually much younger than either, a true babe in the comic book woods actually, or should I say sweet tooth in the woods…

4 Likes
4 Likes

Wednesday above!

I believe you’re jumping ahead to the issue that’s going to appear in the next month here on DCU I, correct?

4 Likes

I LOVE spoilers!

2 Likes

Is that the next one? I was just fascinated with the hoop. :smiley:

2 Likes

We’ll make that @JimboFett 's new club nickname lol, The Spoiler.

Actually I usually forget to blur out what I say on book reviews here excetera.

3 Likes

I’ve blurred it. :smiley:

3 Likes

Nicely shaded spoiler!

I really like the artwork, the coloring, everything about the presentation aspect of the latest Legion, well at least prior to the super depressing Future State version we’re about to see… that reminds me more of Keith Giffen’s 1989 5 years later

3 Likes

Your new superpower

3 Likes

3 Likes

I’ve totally forgotten about whichever hero has a hoop. Sort of a Nightcrawler Junior I guess.

3 Likes

Maybe she stole Gates Power?

4 Likes

This is exactly one of the things that makes me grumble a bit about the latest iteration and the author’s choices. They give this power to PG in addition to her phasing. Why couldn’t they just have had Gates? He was a fav and got used in more than one Legion!

4 Likes

Agree on all counts there. Sook’s artwork, and even that of the fill-ins, was really good.

I just felt that Dream Girl’s reference to a “Great Darkness” and whatever else was going on in Future State was just completely unearned.

The ZH Reboot, which did a really good job - at least during the 94-97 phase, of mixing in classic Legion bits in a new way along with new stories. But they never really got to the Great Darkness level (and I don’t count the DnA Foundations story to even be on the same level). So the Bendis Legion throwing that kind of stuff around after a year of issues seems a little cheap.

3 Likes