Legends of Tomorrow: My Funny Quarantine

Welcome back my Legendary Island of Misfits! Normally this is where I would be providing my take on this week’s episode of our favorite show. However, due to current events they are currently on hiatus. Instead, I thought I’d tell a story about the lost episode of the show that seems timely now.
The year was 2020. The Legends had just come back from their last successful ( in their own way) mission. When suddenly Gideon tells the team about a time anomaly occurring now. Just as they are getting ready to head out, Gideon states curtly that the best course of action is to stay put on the Waverider. In the original history, the team had ventured out, come into contact with people who were carrying the virus and it spread.
Sara tells the team “Get Inyo your Snuggies, fire up the DC Universe, and get ready for a pause on time!”
Charlie turned into various celebrities, including Brandon Routh and Courtney Ford. Nate felt they looked oddly familiar but chalked it up to Behrad’s “special “ brownies. Nate was regaling the team about the time his grandfather had met Franklin Delano Roosevelt and how he had wished he had lived to see the polio vaccine be created.
Zari kept up with her followers online and even mentioned how her new friends were not as weird as she originally thought. They still had no sense of fashion, but they were warming up to her.
John Constantine with his scotch performing minor magic tricks. It was all fun and games until he accidentally let a small gremlin loose on the ship. It didn’t cause too much harm other than when it pantsed Gary. They all had a good laugh and Johnny was able to capture the little bugger and send him on his way. Which was good because the team is really in need of a good mechanic, like Jax or Zari 1.0.
Sara and Ava were performing karaoke to everyone’s enjoyment. It was nice to see Ava really belting it out. They sang a cover of I’ve got you Babe. You can probably guess who had Cher’s part.
But where’s Mick you may ask? He hasn’t been seen for the whole episode to spout his usual wisdom. He has been in his room this entire time. See, he has been trying to build up the courage to speak to his daughter Lita for hours now. Gideon has been asked repeatedly to call her up followed immediately by being asked to hang up. “Ah to hell with it!” He barges out of his room, beer bottle in hand, and growls at the team. Nate thinks Mick is still upset over Ray leaving, so he starts to say “Mick, I miss him too…” when Mick cuts him off “Stuff it, tin foil!”
Behrad comes into the room and asks “What did I miss?” To blow off some steam they get Gideon to build up a few skateboards with sails. Then Behrad uses his air totem to provide the wind beneath their sails as they race down the corridors of the ship.
Time passes and Gideon informs the team they have been successful as people are seeing friends they haven’t in a long time, going to their kids’s sporting events, small businesses are receiving more business than ever before.
Just as the team is celebrating, we switch to a scene of a dark figure wearing a hood. As she turns to the camera, she says “Clothos, betrayer, I can feel that you are close. And soon you will pay!” Credits
Don’t forget to visit our friends at the Arrowverse Couch Club this week:

I hope I was able to bring some entertainment into your life, and I did not mean to make light of the situation, I hope you know that.
I hope my Misfits are safe, sound and healthy.
Prayers to those suffering from this virus and hope for a recovery.
We are not alone and we are in this together.
Until next time, curl up with a Rebecca Silver book and stay Legendary.

4 Likes

Nice!

1 Like

Thanks! I hoped I captured the voice of each character well.

Yes you did!

2 Likes

Well done! Like your enthusiasm and obvious love for the show. Thanks for a nice distraction :grin:

2 Likes

Thank you! This is one of my favorite shows on tv now and it is a joy to watch and share my weekly summaries with fellow fans. I wanted to provide some entertainment in this scary world and am glad you enjoyed it.

1 Like

Aww this was great! It felt like we were hanging out with the Legends Family! Great job @ImpulseMaxMercury

1 Like