:superman: League of Super-Pets Discussion Thread (Spoilers) :ttns_gif_krypto:

With the movie coming out, I sincerely hope Krypto The Superdog get added to HBO Max, that would be a huge help for DC Animated Club. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

It certainly should be, because its too obvious of a great tie-in opportunity to pass on.

SN: It’d be nice if HBO Max could get the seasons for The Batman correctly organized and labeled as well.

3 Likes

This drops at retail tomorrow, 7/19:

Anyone planning to read it?

3 Likes

Sigh…I get that a kangaroo might have been a bit of a stretch but really? a pig?

8 Likes

Has anyone played the new videogame that’s based on the movie? Just wondering if it’s any good.:slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Here’s a look at a few of the LOSP toys that feature the Trinity:

I haven’t seen them in-person yet, but Amazon has them in-stock for $14.99 each as of this writing.

4 Likes

@SpoilerAlert88
@Vroom

It just arrived

7 Likes

Wow, those are cute! Although I thought for sure the twisting action Superman has would be to throw a ball for Krypto.

6 Likes

All it does is make me want Pulled Pork

Yum

3 Likes

Minions is still raking in enough bucks that it likely negatively affects League of Super Pets opening weekend. The new Minions’ is now separating itself from the performance of the original Minions film, whose earnings were levelling off 20-25 days into release in 2015.

Paws of Fury, while still performing horribly, didn’t crater as much as it could have this weekend.

So League of Super-Pets may actually have to be good to turn a profit. It won’t have any fresh competition during the months of August and September, but it’ll need good word of mouth if it cannot rely on a fantastic opening weekend.

4 Likes

Minions is at 17.7 million. By next weekend it will probably be down to around 11 million. That is competition, but not too much. The real problem is family audiences deciding they already saw their animated movie for a few months.

5 Likes

League of Super Pets will be on 4,200 screens, which is a ton. This link to boxofficemojo show what movies earned on a per-theater basis this weekend. It looks like the most obvious films to heavily reduce the # of screening are Paws of Fury and Lightyear, so that works out well for DC.

Domestic 2022 Weekend 29 - Box Office Mojo

But Minions certainly won’t be losing too many screenings between now and the 29th

4 Likes

This is what I’m saying. At least a horse would have made sense? She rides horses… But again, I was not the target audience. Apparently they needed something wacky for the kids. (I sound so old now. :joy:)

Also, not a single cat on the team? What in the world…

6 Likes

Stinky was robbed.

I would have also used Dex-Starr as a villain.

5 Likes

Dex-Starr! He’s just misunderstood. :pleading_face:

5 Likes

Sequel. :wink:

4 Likes

First critics reviews are in:
2 stars out of 5
2 stars out of 5
4 out of 10
7 out of 10
2.5 out of 4 stars

3 Likes

Eh, critics schmitics. :grin:

Were Gene Siskel still alive, he’d probably pinch a squat over this one, while Ebert (were he still alive as well) would say “Gene, you’re just too harsh.”

2 Likes

The initial 10 critics on Metacritic are collectively giving it 57, which is a fairly good score.

Lego Batman this ain’t, but like Vroom says, who knows what kind of critical reviews you really need for movies aimed at young kids?

4 Likes

That’s good. I imagine the numbers will increase as more reviews come in.

Like I also say, “Who gives a **** what critics think? Make up your mind for yourself, instead of letting critics do it for you.” :wink:

4 Likes