Last Chance To Read/Watch - Now Until May 1st!

Why are they taking away films?

1 Like

I think removing Animal Man is a problem. Vertigo pops in and out or the DC canon so much. And I agree with having DC universe as a one stop shop for all DC. Keeping select few comics out because of their imprint doesn’t make sense, especially when it already been stated the service isn’t for kids, but primarily for adults. And also means one content like Doom Patrol (Morrison) and Swamp thing should be removed, which doesn’t make sense, and two restraints content to the general audience. I appreciate all that has come, but feel that will be a miss step in the long run.

6 Likes

No!!! Please don’t take Animal man!!!

1 Like

That really sicks… I’m reading Animal man and that book ties into the DC universe it is part of universe wide events like Invasion!

4 Likes

If it crosses over to the DC universe, it should be included. Animal Man was involved with Invasion and War of the Gods. It introduced the second Mirror Master. The pre-Vertigo issues at least should be included.

5 Likes

Wait I thought it was said 20,000 comics being added and no more rotated out comics? This is comics being rotated out. Seems like that’s the opposite. I don’t get it. This app will never stay around if stuff keeps getting removed.

6 Likes

They said comics might get rotated out on a very select basis, but that there would no longer be mass rotations of content.

1 Like

And this is why I still buy physical copies.

4 Likes

Is this all Animal Man series (there are three of them on the service)?

1 Like

Good thing I read it when it was uploaded. One of the best runs ever. Very sad to see it go just because its vertigo. Guess we’ll never get sandman either. -__-

2 Likes

I’m hoping that DCU is able to at some point cut a deal with whomever they need to in order to get Vertigo titles as well those from other DC imprints on here. I know they are available through Comixology Unlimited but I’m not really interested in signing up with yet another service just to get those particular books, especially given that CU typically allows a reader to sample a taste of a title but then you need to buy the rest if you want to finish the meal.

5 Likes

I’m also hoping that at some point DCU is planning to beef up the other part of this service. I love that the comics library here is expanding and I’m over the moon about that but the movies and tv library needs to expand just as much as well either by adding existing movies and shows or by more original DCU content like Doom Patrol. Access to the movies and tv shows was what I originally excited about and why I signed up for this service.

1 Like

@dscreativity.18138
Just the original.

The needs of the many out weight the needs of the few…or the one. Animal man you have always been and will always be…my friend :vulcan_salute:

3 Likes

I hope you guys organize a watch-along for some of this stuff before it goes! I would, but look at me! I’m incompetent!

I was actually planning on reading Animal Man. I’ve berm trained Saga of Swamp Thing and wanted to check our out. May have to pre it forward on list… does anyone have and opinion on Morrison’s run?

Wasn’t Batman & Mr. Freeze: Subzero just added about 6 weeks ago? Is there any idea of how long it will be gone?

2 Likes

WILL THE MOVIES BE COMING BACK AT SOME POINT! I have been watching the tv shows first.

1 Like

Hey Abitaman205 quit YELLING!

3 Likes

OK! I will

3 Likes