[Lantern Corps] Green Lantern / Green Arrow - Week 6 [10/18 - 10/25]

Greetings @LanternCorps!

We’re reading through Green Lantern / Green Arrow, doing 2 issues a week. Please avoid spoiling anything from issues beyond this week. If you missed last week, you can check it out here

This week’s issues are:

Feel free to use any, all, or none of the questions below as discussion starters.

1. Did you have a favorite issue?
  2. Was anything surprising to see?
  3. How did you like the introduction of John Stewart?
3 Likes

YO! I’m sorry I haven’t been around! I had a kid! A Bouncing Baby Boy… Guess What!!!

His Name is Oliver! We live in Queens…seconds a stretch but, he is named after the Emerald Archer.

I come back to a notification that we are reading GL/GR and it starts with like the most well know issue/arc of this run!. I see why NO SPOILERS, other than the cover? Anyway, sycronicity. I’ll pick up from here, may go back a week but I have these all, in issue and a TP, I’m sure as we all do, so I can pick right up!!!
Also, I got this. I ordered a handmade Blue Lantern Ring (Real thing, I swear, so if you got a Green one we should hook up!) I bet some of you know this maker from Thailand…

1 Like
  1. Loved the intro of Stewart.

Guy Gardner. I always thought he was a cop in Boston or something.

I thought it was really good. He’s set up to be the amazing GL we see in more modern issues. Though, he does look so much better without the hair.

Congratulations! I’m sure his favorite color will be green and he’ll be an archery prodigy.

Also, that blue ring is amazing. Totally jealous.

1. Did you have a favorite issue?

That’s a tough one, because I thought 86 was a great conclusion to that story, but the introduction of John Stewart in 87 was great as well…

1. Was anything surprising to see?

I was surprised to see Ollie deciding to run for mayor in his story in #87. I didn’t realize they did that back in the day, I guess Judd Winnick was inspired by this story to do that during his run.

1. How did you like the introduction of John Stewart?

It was pretty good. I was a little surprised by the characterization of both John and Hal in this. I think because my introduction to John was in the Justice League cartoon, I’m used to him being more straight-laced, and in other comics I’m used to Hal being more hot-headed and kind of a disaster. So in a way, this story of John being flippant about protecting this a-hole of a senator and Hal calling him out on it kind of feels like nowadays it would be the other way around.

1 Like