Kryptonverse?

I hear Lobo is making an appearance in Krypton season 2. If Syfy is smart, they should give him a spinoff. Heck, they can even create their own tv/DCverse. A show about Thanagar, Mongul, and Glc would be nice.

7 Likes

Unfortunately, what you are hoping for involves Syfy being smart…

5 Likes

Well they were smart enough to green light this great show… so there is hope.

5 Likes

Welp, looks like Syfy is indeed smart. Lobo series is in the works.

2 Likes

I hope Thanagar or the New Gods is next. Kryptonverse has a huge potential. I hope the multiple spinoffs they’re working on deal with the cosmic side of DC. Oh s···, what if Syfy makes a Green Lantern Corps show?

1 Like

I’m down for a Kryptonverse! As you said, I would love to see a New God’s show.

2 Likes

I second the New God’s show oh what a dream come true

1 Like

Mo verses, mo better

2 Likes

Would be awesome. The only problem though, I doubt Warner would let them use Darkseid.

1 Like

It’s being reported on many websites that a spin-off is in development

1 Like

How about a show about Rann

1 Like

I only saw a very small clip of Krypton’s version of Lobo, but ehhh. He’s not how I imagine the character should be played. I actually think Justice League Action got him perfectly. Maybe the Krypton version will grow on me, but I don’t know if I’d dig a spinoff of this one.

2 Likes

@cbplanets

You have a helluva an idea here

After watching the first episode of season 2 last night, I’m going to have to say I’m not thrilled with this Lobo. I’d really have liked to see better from SyFy on this. While I’ve not been a huge fan of a few aspects of Krypton (Adam Strange, anyone?) , overall, I’ve been happy with it. This Lobo is an exception to that “happy” though. I honestly think it looks like a very low budget fan film version. It’s like they hired the guy straight off the floor of a Comic-Con. If they follow through with a spin-off, and this is the best they can do, I won’t be watching. It was almost as cringe-worthy as trying to read a New 52 Lobo comic.

Casting is not a decision that gets made “lightly”, and so while I didn’t go into the premiere of Krypton Season 2 with all that much interest in Emmett J. Scanlan’s Lobo, I came out of it wanting to see more of him, so I think it’s a little premature at this juncture to be dismissing the decision to build a spinoff around him.