Krypton: Forgive Me

I was impressed with it when it came to DCU, but I think what made it a GREAT show for me was seeing Cameron Cuffe’s (the actor who play’s Seg-El) continual involvement with the DC Universe Community, and his infectious and genuine love for DC. The experience of watching the show on this app made the show 10x better, and it was already good to begin with. Just goes to show the power that this app has to elevate it’s content.

Not sure who wins MVP for episode 3:
Nysa for her duplicitous ways
Zod for being Zod like
Adam for sidekicking and comedy relief
Or
The Main Man for being a fraggin bastich even when he’s less than whole
But gotta go with Seg El for defeating Brainiac, again, escaping Lobo and coming back from the dead

Watched the first couple of episodes and wasn’t a huge fan. I’m sure it’s fine, though.

Batwing, I was being a little silly with my post, but the truth is I felt the show really picked up the second half of season 1, finishing very strong and season 2 is off to a great start

SFX award for the week goes to …half a Lobo. Funny, yet you know Seg better hurry up or he and Adam are goners.

Season 2 of Krypton is barreling toward its final few episodes. A couple of thoughts on the season so far.
-First watching this week’s reunion, and Nyssa’s pained look made me realize that I’ve now come to care about these characters beyond how they are going to confront the next challenge. Good work by the writers and performers. My prediction, before this series ends Lyta Zod will sacrifice herself and Seg and Nyssa will end up together.
-Second, this show does a great job integrating Superman lore into its story without it feeling forced. Zod, Brainiac, Doomsday, Lobo have all appeared, and each feels natural to the story and is used effectively.
Finally, I have no idea where this show is heading and that’s a good thing.

I’m guessing in season 2 they’ll steal a ship or two from Zod and Chase Braniac down and rescue Jor-El

Or hook up with Adam and use his zeta device. But, one way or another gotta get that kid back.

Spoilers for those who haven’t watched the latest episode, but we see the Black Mercy, a great concept from the mind of Alan Moore, used to great effect. It’s depiction in Krypton is definitely more disturbing than we usually see.

2 Likes

Finale for season 2 Krypton on its way. Time to recognize the development of three characters in particular, Nyssa, Lyta, and Kem. These were good characters in season one but largely defined by how they interacted with and impacted Seg. But, with a second season to build their own stories each has demonstrated the ability to drive the narrative on their own. In just the latest episode we see Lyta begin what I assume will be her drive to unthrown her son, Nyssa take her place as a rebel leader and kick some butt, and Kem prove himself the hero while still being 100% Kem. Really looking forward to the finale.

Krypton-Season-2-Episode-9-Image-3.jpg

2 Likes

Yeah I totally pulled a 180 on this show as well. Gave it a hard pass after not liking Gotham. Threw on an ep. off DCU and now almost done with first season. It works surprisingly well. And feels like a throwback pulp sci-fi serial in all the best ways.

1 Like

Deadman, what you really have to look forward to is the show gets much better as season 1 progresses, great finish then starts 2 like gangbusters.

Yeah this last weeks eps. was amazing! @msgtv I agree that the character development of Nyssa, Lytta, and Kem where great this season
SPOILERS: Kem when out like a boss! Little bummed that Lytta is back, I love her character but feel her death was good for the story. Nyssa is my girl! :heart_eyes: her arc from S1 to S2 is the best I think. I was super bummed that her and Seyg El didn’t get a better chance at a relationship :frowning: still am hopeful though.

1 Like

Kem isn’t the hero we deserved, but he’s the hero we needed

2 Likes