Kevin Conroy, Batman, Has Passed Away

I remember meeting him at Comic Con over the summer, we had a very brief conversation, and I just remember how incredibly kind he was. I’m just really honored I had the chance to talk to him. I’m incredibly sad, especially because BTAS was kind of a gateway drug for me in terms of the DCU as a whole. He’ll always be my Batman.

19 Likes

This is absolutely devastating. I feel both speechless and as if there’s a million things I want to say. Aside from viewing him as the Batman, I don’t even know if I would have my current love for superheroes if not for Kevin Conroy. Playing Arkham Asylum proved to kick off this huge passion for me, and so his Batman has been there right from the very beginning. And of course through discovering all the other games, shows and movies he lent his talents to, my love for my favorite character grew in a way that only Conroy could’ve fostered. Of course nobody can go on forever, but this still feels far too soon

RIP, Mr. Conroy. I’ll never be able to thank you enough for all you’ve done for me and fans all over the world. You brought Batman to life in a way nobody else could and became just as much of a legend in the process. The Dark Knight may be Gotham’s protector, but you will always be my hero

21 Likes

I know I wouldn’t

17 Likes

Batman and The Gray Ghost work together - YouTube May Adam greet him warmly.

21 Likes

this hit me so hard. I was born the same year BTAS came out so it has always been part of my life. Every time I read anything batman its always Conroy’s voice. I cant even convey my feelings on this.
Mark Hamill said it best, “He will always be my batman” :sob: :sob: :sob:

20 Likes

Kevin Conroy was the definitive Batman. He will be missed.

14 Likes

Still sad about this. So made some tribute art. You may be gone but that light, hope, and joy you’ve brought to many will always live on.

18 Likes

Thank you so much for sharing your art with us, it’s very moving. :heart:

13 Likes

This warmed my heart. I’m so glad you got to spend that time with him — these photos are incredible!

13 Likes
15 Likes

Kevin Conroy’s version of Batman was intrinsic in my upbringing as a Batman fan. He will always be Batman. :batman: :crying_cat_face: He also seemed like the nicest guy and an incredible actor. I miss him.

16 Likes

My first Batmen were in movies or TV, and Conroy was that security blanket when real stuff got messy.

15 Likes

I just found out from my friend. He was the first famous actor that I met at a con, which I almost didn’t do out of fear of embarrassing myself. That was a special day and I’ll never forget it.

I’m speechless and sad. He was the Batman, and he always will be.

19 Likes

rest in power kevin conroy best batman ever have dc.

14 Likes

What a great voce he was. With the passing of Kevin Conroy I just wanted to say thanks to him for the joyful entertainment he gave us.

16 Likes

Hats off to the GOAT. He will forever be The Batman.

15 Likes

Kevin Conroy was the best of the best. He wasn’t just an icon for being Batman. He was an icon for who he was. He was just a young boy doing theatre unaware of Batman’s existence and upon learning who Batman was became a symbol to every young boy and girl around the world. He was kind and loving and always cherished his fans and gave them love and safety wherever he met them. He loved being Batman and loved giving us more. Kevin Conroy was an iconic and nostalgic and true part of my life and I will never forget the memories of jumping and flying all over my bedroom pretending to be Batman, being inspired to be something more, because of him. Forever. And Always My Batman. :sparkling_heart: Rest In Peace :sob::disappointed:

16 Likes
16 Likes

I’ll never, ever forget the first time I watched BTAS and heard Kevin C.'s stunning and unforgettable portrayal of the Dark Knight. I had the opportunity to meet with him twice over the years and he was just an incredibly warm and authentic individual. Such an esteemed resume he leaves behind.

I’ve posted this amazing clip in a number of spots around DCUI today and I think it fits the mood we’re all probably in now.

RIP Dark Knight.

19 Likes

Rest in peace, Mr. Conroy. You will be missed, and we will always remember you.

15 Likes