Kentaro Miura(creator of Berserk) Passed Away On May 6 At The Age of 56

I haven’t read Berserk but I did watch the anime and movies, and they were great, it’s so sad that a great writer and artist passed and that he never got to finish his work. At least he dies doing what he loved.
MV5BYzc5MzAyMGQtMGY2Ni00M2I5LTlkMDQtZjMyM2NhY2VhMzBiXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMzM4MjM0Nzg@.V1_FMjpg_UX490-1

6 Likes

These are some of his artwork.

6 Likes

I haven’t even read Berserk and I know that Miura’s pop cultural footprint is bigger than most people realize- Berserk was a core influence on From Software’s popular Souls series. There are few in the sequential art world right now that have the worldwide reach of Berserk (which appears by itself as manga, animation, and video games).

I know that Western comics and manga fans are often at odds but this is a loss to the entire art form.

3 Likes

I’m going to start reading out of respect for him(Once I’m done with the sandman and power rangers)

1 Like

Ikr, despite berserk being “obscure” as in the average person won’t know what it is, it’s crazy how much influence it had. Like you said, it was a huge inspiration for the souls game. Not sure about dc, but marvel made a reference to berserk.

Yeah, I seen a few comictubers talk about his death and how sad they are. I only seen the anime and movies but still, Sad to see that the creator won’t be able to see a movie/anime that does the series justice.

1 Like

I have no doubt that it will be an influence on the next generation of creators, for sure.

1 Like

Absolutely magnificent series. I’d recommend it to anyone who likes some adult sword and sorcery. The action is great the characters are solid. I am on the deluxe volume 3 of 9.

1 Like

I will definitely read it once I’m done with the comics im reading atm

1 Like