Keith Giffen Has Passed Away At 70

RIP to another DC Legend :pensive:

16 Likes

R.I.P :sob:
He was a great writer :sob:

14 Likes

I was surprised by this announcement. This absolutely breaks my heart. Keith Giffen work with J. M. DeMatteis and Kevin Maguire on Justice League International is simply iconic. The Bwah ha ha ha ha era was one of the most best comic runs I ever read. To one of the best writers and a comic legend, you will be missed.

13 Likes

rip :slightly_frowning_face:

12 Likes

Holy ■■■■. Rest in peace to one of the greats!

10 Likes

Sad news.
Sounded like he was a fun guy.
Rest in Peace

13 Likes

I just saw this. It makes me sad. I enjoyed his run on Justice League and his work on All Star Comics. Also, he co-created one of my favorite Marvel characters, Rocket Raccoon.

12 Likes

F***.

12 Likes

God this makes me so sad. JLI is my favorite dc team and in my top 3 favorite comics of all time. Rest in peace … :sob::broken_heart::heart:

12 Likes

Creator of the greatest Green Lantern of all time.

Also, it is a crying shame that I cannot read all of Keith Giffen’s epic multiple series’ Justice League run because of some damn evil pervert. I know and understand why they don’t release these issues on DCU but damn.

RIP Giffen

10 Likes

Yeah… this one hit me hard. Check out his parting Facebook post when you get a chance. What a legend… Goodbye, Keith.

6 Likes

Damn that’s sad. I fell in love with Justice League International, and his Ambush Bug stories, especially his appearances in DC Comics Presents are still some of th funniest things I read. His take on Booster Gold and Blue Beetle are what turned them into 2 of
my favorite characters, hell Booster Gold is my favorite character.

I honestly don’t know if I would have become the life long fan of comics I ended up being if not for Keith Giffen’s stories.

9 Likes

Ok I’ve had time to register this now, and I’ve got some more things to say.

Keith Giffen is undoubtedly one of the best comic writers and artists to exist. To say we lost a legend would be an understatement. Giffen created over 550 DC characters! He inspired so many people, including myself, to embrace our nerdiness and humor. Could anyone imagine the DCU without Ambush Bug or Lobo or Jaime Reyes or the JLI? I couldn’t. Keith Giffen may not be here physically, but his comics, creations, and legacy will live on forever. Rest in peace to a man who inspired thousands. Rest in peace to a legend. Rest in peace, Keith Giffen.

8 Likes

Keith Giffen’s work brought me so much joy. His JLI and Legion runs remain among my favorites. Rest easy, legend.

8 Likes

For anyone curious:

Truly a massive loss – Giffen was an incredible artist and writer, who’s made his impact on so many characters and groups, from the Legion, to Justice League, to everything in between.

RIP

8 Likes

An absolute GOAT on every level. I’m sorry I never got the chance to meet him.

10 Likes

Welcome to the community, friend. I know how you feel

8 Likes

Wow. Truly, truly a great loss. RIP to a DC legend — who also worked on some of my favorite cartoons growing up. :disappointed: :heart:

7 Likes

Welcome to the Community @uuuhyeah !

It’s been a rough few years as we’ve lost so many industry greats. And I’ve always been second guessing myself, wishing I’d just gone to conventions and been able to meet with several of them.

7 Likes

I had the privilege of meeting George Pérez at his last C2E2 appearance. I got to tell him how he made me fall in love with Wonder Woman and have this because he asked if I wanted to take a photo. (I NEVER would have asked.)

9 Likes