Justice League: Warworld Discussion Thread

It comes out today.

6 Likes

It look interesting, canā€™t wait to see it when it comes on Max. :smiley:

:superman: :batman: :wonderwoman:

8 Likes

Mongul is one of my favorite villains of all time, and yes, I would love to see this movie.

5 Likes

Mongul is one of my favorites too!

6 Likes

Do I just have Warlord on the brain or does the title of this thread read Justice League: Warlord Discussion Thread?

2 Likes

Same Here!

4 Likes

Fixed

3 Likes

You are reading Warlord as the issues come out weekly, ā€¦.right? :wink:

3 Likes

No. I am waiting until more are out and work is not so hectic.

2 Likes

2 Likes

ā€œJustice Society: Warlord Dissectionā€ - movie sounds like a real downer

4 Likes

I saw it and it was interesting, but something felt off. Maybe it was the ending, I donā€™t know. Iā€™m also curious if this Wonder Woman is from this Earth, an older version from Earth-2, or a whole different Earth? There was a line in the movie which threw me off.

4 Likes

It was a nice movie.

Enjoyed their own multiversal mind prison adventures as the mystery unfolded. Didnā€™t expect Manhunter in this cool to see him. Sad he seems like he died. Lobo made a nice return too. Seeing them act was pretty cool. Not sure if they got there memories fully back or at least this may have been the first time WW from E2 met this Supes and bats. Mongul was an interesting take. Pretty cool but not my favorite adaptation of him. And a set up to Crisis. Didnā€™t expect it to be a complete set up but nice.

2 Likes

I found it underwhelming, as far as an idea for a movie, particularly since we donā€™t have a lot of development between certain members as a league in this animated universe. While this improves on the previous movies as far as over-stuffing it with DC characters or those that get dropped in make more sense (King Faraday, Bat Lash), it makes the same mistake as some of the other movies of having a previously good guy have a heel turn for no real reason and for no real plot benefit.

Technically, it was far more proficient except that the action in the very last ā€˜majorā€™ set piece - far less Big Boss Fight than it has been of late in Superhero media, whether we take live action or animation - was poorly conceived and confusing. Diana had some of the better action sequence, which is definitely faint praise, Superman was essentially poorly used and even Batman didnā€™t get to be very batgod-like and was definitely poorly used. Also, Ackles isnā€™t as bad a VA as this portrayed but his Bruce character, particularly as the cop, was saddled with some awful dialogue. Iā€™ll admit, I skipped and ignored some other parts for conversation with our group, so it may also have been that bad in his Skartaris scenes, but some of that was truly painful to listen to.

She was from a different Earth with the same actress, in the JSA movie/Flash movie, but they did use the same VA for the Superman in this (and Man of Tomorrow in that), and they imply she, Bruce and Clark (and, for that matter, Jā€™onn) all know one another, so either this is that other Earth or this is the Prime Earth and sheā€™s the WW there as well. As I said above, they donā€™t really clarify the relationship, just proceed as itā€™s established, which - I donā€™t need origin stories, but have a throwaway sentence somewhere.

I would say a great deal more but since very few folks have apparently seen it (or maybe they have but donā€™t care to talk about it?), Iā€™ll wait till thereā€™s more of an actual discussion going on.

2 Likes

Sold out at my Walmart

1 Like

Still cannot find it at Red Box.

Comes to vudu (on rent. Already available for buying) on August 8th. I cannot realistically watch that day unless I skip trivia Tuesday. That means if Red Box does not pull through I will see it on Wednesday or Thursday.

1 Like

It opens 4th on Blu-Ray, 5th on 4K, and 6th overall.

1 Like

Just saw it and not good.

The Wonder Woman movie is very poor. Should Jonah Hex really have been the villain, and it is way too easy for Wonder Woman. She never feels challenged.

The Batman one is quite good seeing him in this alternate world struggling to be like Batman.

The Superman one is pretty good.

Then it all falls apart. Why did Mongul bring all these people together? Why not keep better track of this telepaph?

1 Like

havenā€™t seen it yet but I was bummed that they are not together for most of the movie
man of tomorrow made superman seem so lonely I was looking forward to seeing him with his friends :slightly_frowning_face:

I keep going back and forth on this movie and the Tomorrowverse in general. So far Iā€™ve only liked the Superman, Justice Society and Green Lantern films. I could take or leave Long Halloween and the Adam Strange short, but I did not like Legion of Superheroes and Warworld soured on a second viewing.

My main issue is you feel like youā€™re missing chunks of the overall universe. I donā€™t need to see EVERYONE meet, but it feels like teams and relationships are already established, making it seem like everythingā€™s happened off screen and youā€™re just catching up to the parts they want to tell. I donā€™t have a sense of this universe, just small inclinations. Which makes the next movie being Crisis on Infinite Earths all the more confusing.

I guess weā€™ll have to wait and see.

2 Likes