Justice League Book Club Week 2: Justice League vs Suicide Squad

Looks at the date… :calendar:

Oh. :flushed: :sweat_smile:

Well hello there Justice League Book Club Tally-Ho! :wave: :sunglasses:

Onto the questions then. :nerd_face:

Indeed it was, and it won’t be the last either as it was a lot of fun reading through. :books:

Browses over everyone else’s responses… :spiral_notepad:

Yup… I’d say not having an explosive implant that Amanda Waller controls definitely has me on the League. :00_justice_league:

Also, the chance to work alongside Superman, The Flash, Wonder Woman, Batman, Aquaman, and the Green Lanterns… Can’t pass that up. :superman_hv_4:

Very interesting seeing where the teams went throughout the story. :thinking:

Batman sure does have some good reasons as to why a bunch of super villains running around is not a good idea, but ultimately viewing the good that the Squad does manage after… Well… A few hiccups here and there… Was nice seeing. :batman_hv_4: :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Also… What a mission it is to take out a mind controlled League, and definitely think the Squad is the only team up for the task in doing that. :00_suicide_squad:

Thanks @TheKateKane for the questions. :clark_hv_4:

It was also on my reading list for a while as well. :joy:

Happy :cake: day @scoop001. :tada: :partying_face: :tada:

This is also an interesting reading order Jay_Kay. :sunglasses: :+1:

I happened to read it in this order
  • Suicide Squad #8
  • Justice League vs. The Suicide Squad 1, 2
  • Justice League #12
  • Justice League vs. The Suicide Squad 3
  • Suicide Squad #9
  • Justice League vs. The Suicide Squad 4, 5
  • Justice League #13
  • Justice League vs. The Suicide Squad 6
  • Suicide Squad #10

This was also a fun one as well CaptainYesterday and I’ll say some more about that in another thread at some point soon. :clark_hv_4:

3 Likes

Howdily-doodily, @ajm08g! :wave:t2: :clark_hv_4:

No worries. Folks are welcome to relply whenever they’re able…even if it is to something that was posted close to a year ago. :wink:

I’m glad you enjoyed the read. JL vs SS is one of those minis I’ve enjoyed more and more with each consecutive read.

I look forward to your thoughts on the “OG” JL vs SS as well. :slight_smile:

Thanks for stoppin’ by, ajm (nice avatar, too :superman_hv_4:)! :wave:t2: :clark_hv_4:

2 Likes

Sounds good Vroom. :clark_hv_4:

I have each mission bookmarked so I may pop up in other threads soon enough. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Always a pleasure. :sunglasses: :+1:

Thank you also for the kind words on the new avatar. :smiley:
I had thought what would be a good Halloween one, and then seeing an angry Superman… I thought it might work since that’s one of the scarier things for me I’ve seen in our vast DC Universe… :sweat_smile: :halloween_superman:
And happened to grab it from reading one of our other missions. :00_justice_league:
:justice_league_book_club:

2 Likes

Cool beans! I’m honored that my picks are worthy of your bookmarks. :metal:t2: :clark_hv_4:

You’re quite welcome. Superman-related avatars always grab my four eyes. :wink:

You’ve got my vote to keep it post-Halloween, if you like. Its got a nice, year-round look to it that says “Superman isn’t ****ing around!”, which should go without saying, year-round. :grin:

Could you please refresh my memory on which mission it’s from, BTW? It looks painfully obvious as to where it originates, but I can’t quite place it, ATM.

2 Likes

Ah, no problem. :clark_hv_4:

Here's the full panel

From Justice League of America (2006-) #18

Definitely one of the League’s finest shots that shows they are not to be messed with for sure! :joy: :00_justice_league:

3 Likes

Ah, Ed Benes art. Good, good stuff.

2 Likes

I enjoyed their pairing. I have actually read the original SS/JL crossover from the 80s.

This was a lot of fun. I am growing to be a fan of Suicide Squad, the concept is just crazy enough that it works. Getting back to this story, I really liked Enchantress vs Superman. Sure, Harley and Wonder Woman is cool but there was something about seeing Enchantress realize Superman is weak to magic. Another thing that I liked was the evolution of Killer Frost. I haven’t read any of this Justice League series so I am hoping her story continues.

3 Likes

Great Rao, the old threads (much like Peter Frampton) come alive! :partying_face:

Wunderbar! :confetti_ball: :fireworks:

What’s next on your Suicide Squad reading list?

She’s quite good in the Rebirth volume of Justice League of America, which is itself, quite good.

Random person in the crowd: “You’re just saying that because Lobo’s on that League.”

Partially yes, but also because Vixen and Black Canary are on the team, and I love them to the Source Wall and beyond, so there. :wink:

Thanks for stopping by, @D4RK5TARZ! Its always a good time when you pop-in. :hugs:

2 Likes

I have been reading the Ostrander series. I currently own volumes 1-5 and 7 is in the mail. Just finished volume 3 (first time we see anything regarding Oracle is in this volume!). I am taking it slow because I started reading in the physical copies and I don’t want to be waiting on Vol 6 or 8, which I still need. I know I can read them on Dcui but I prefer to stick to one format when I can.

2 Likes

The Suicide Squad Read of Reads, for sure.

Speaking of crossovers that involve the Squad, check out War for Earth-3 when you’ve the time. It was a fantastic read, and is a highlight of DC’s 2022 output, so far.

1 Like