Justice League Book Club Week 19: DC Universe Online: Legends

Hello League, and welcome back to more video game-based comic goodness! For this week, we’ll be shifting our gaming gazes to DC Universe Online: Legends, as this hearty comic celebrates its 10th anniversary in 2021. :partying_face: :fireworks: :champagne: Read on for the deets!

:books: Read:

:speaking_head: Discuss:

• Have you played DC Universe Online?
  • Have you read this tie-in series?
  • Anything else that comes to mind regarding this title.

That’s your pixel-based mission for the week, League! Grab your reading controller, hit Play/Read and game on! :video_game: :nerd_face: :superman:

SN: Friendly heads-up: As of next week, new Justice League Book Club entries will resume on Tuesday, and at a weekly basis. As always, there’s no limit on when you need to read and/or reply to a given week’s reading. You can read and reply to each week’s selection whenever you like. :slight_smile:

SN 2: Please enjoy the following:

4 Likes

New Justice League-based reading goodies this week!

Brand New:

RWBY/Justice League #8 (Digital First)

The gang’s back together again, but each team was unsuccessful cracking the mystery around the missing hunters. As they discuss their findings, Team RWBY is ambushed by their brainwashed friends! They’ll need a savior from above in order to surmount these odds!

New to DC Universe Infinite

Justice League Dark #27

Welcome to the Other Place, where the Upside-Down Man rules without equal, and where all the odds are bleakly stacked in his favor. Wonder Woman will tap into the darkest recesses of power, but can she control it? What sleight of mind will Zatanna reveal to her greatest villain, and what sacrifice (or three!) must be made? This issue features a battle so costly that the team’s roster will be forever changed.

Are you reading these new and/or new to DCUI books? Checking out the Infinite Frontier arc of Justice League, or reading any other new Justice League comics as of late? Sound off below!

3 Likes

How is the RWBY series? I am not familiar at all with RWBY but am oddly interested in this.

3 Likes

I’m not sure, TBH. My reading list is full ATM, so I’ll check it out as the title hits DCUI.

However, the RWBY anime is pretty slick.

If the book sells well in digital and print, I could very easily see a RWBY/Justice League movie hit the direct to video scene.

3 Likes

Hello there Justice League Book Club! Tally-Ho! :wave: :sunglasses:

Mission complete @Vroom! :grin:

I thought about posting a half way point post, but waited until I finished the whole series. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Have not at this time. Although, from the trailer, it does look like fun. :nerd_face:

It was a first time read and woah the places this series went… :astonished:

I also might have too many panels from it so… Some (as I notice how many that are being uploaded I guess it’s more than some :sweat_smile:) of the highlights all throughout! :clark_hv_4:

Highlight Panels from DC Universe Online: Legends

From these first two panels I realized Solomon Grundy might be @Applejack’s favorite villain. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Wait… :thinking:

Ah, perhaps it’s that Solomon Grundy is Applejack’s most vile villain of them all. :rofl:

The feeling is mutual Power Girl… :pleading_face:

Look at that League! :00_justice_league:

Thank you Flash for the tutorial on the proper tools to use. :flash_hv_5:

Plastic Man also knows how to have fun. :grin:

And how to be really funny. :joy:

Good to see Oracle on the case. :birds_of_prey_club_oracle:

Plastic Man’s facial expressions! :rofl:

This was a sight to see from Superman. :fearful:

Plastic Man’s continued facial expressions. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Sort of kidding isn’t so bad Firestorm. :fire: :sweat_smile:

Ah… The G.L. that is Guy Gardner folks… :00_lc_green_lantern:

Speaking of G.L.'s… Just look at how many there are! :astonished: :00_lc_green_lantern:

And you are right John! Although… Guy does provide a good laugh again. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

What a hit Wonder Woman! Well deserved for how Batman was acting. :0_wonder_woman:

And talk about those battle sequences towards the end of the story! :star_struck:

Also funny how with this being the ending that the story could be read all over again in a loop. :grin:

It was pretty interesting seeing Lex be chosen as a Green Lantern when Brainiac’s ship eliminated Hal. Guess those changes really did have a new lease on life for 'ole Lex. Even though he went back to his old self at the end… :sweat_smile: :open_mouth:

Also… Is it just me, or do the stories that take place based on video games have something against Lois since something happened to her in this and Injustice: Gods Among Us? :eyes:

2 Likes

Oh hai, @ajm08g! :wave:t2:

I’m like you in that I haven’t played DCUO itself, but I really enjoyed this series when it came out, and as I re-read portions of it for this selection (I’m up to #10, so far) too.

Speaking of that IGN trailer, I watched that constantly when it debuted. It was like a mini-movie and got better with each consecutive viewing. Good, good stuff!

Thanks for chiming in, Coach! :superman_hv_4:

SN: You read the entire series? Good gravy, you’re good! :metal:t2:

2 Likes