Just Three Writers

If you had to choose just three writers to read for the rest of your life who would they be? (They have access to all characters.)

9 Likes

Never really had that writer. Having said that, the first three that come to mind.

• Brian Bendis (yes, based on the DC Superman stuff alone… don’t hate me)
  • Scott Snyder
  • Brian Azzarello

Geoff Johns is up there too. You wanted three, so I picked one for each member of the DC Trinity :slightly_smiling_face:.

10 Likes

@moro I’m not gonna judge anything anyone says. I don’t think Bendis is bad. He’s just all over the place.

3 Likes

Eh, didn’t think you would @Kon-El. He does have his detractors (to put it mildly) on these forums though, and I didn’t want to derail your thread :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Geoff Johns, Grant Morrison and Scott Snyder. I’d also consider Gail Simone.

7 Likes

@boyoutcastDC Nice.

3 Likes

I keep hearing about Gail Simone. Not sure if I’ve read any of her stuff (don’t think so). Need to look her up.

4 Likes

Her Wonder Woman stuff is great. I am a huge fan of her Secret Six work too!

4 Likes

Birds of Prey
Secret Six
Villains United

5 Likes

Brian Azzarello for his Wonder Woman run alone
Tim Seeley for his work on Grayson and Nightwing
And Mark Waid

6 Likes

Kirby
Wolfman
Johns

5 Likes

I love Simone. There’s so many more I wanted to put or could substitute no problem. Had to stick to the 3 rule tho.

3 Likes

Grell, Byrne, O’Neil.

3 Likes

Shea Fontana
Sterling Gates
Tom Taylor

4 Likes

I figured 5 would’ve made it too easy, ya know?

5 Likes

After Mark Waid’s run on Archie (which I absolutely LOVE) and the fact that his run on Daredevil is considered one of the best runs for the character (haven’t read it but would like to) and a lot of people seem to compare the two characters, I would love to see what he could do if her wrote Nightwing. IDK it’s just a feeling in my gut that says it would be great.
Now that’s what I want.

3 Likes

I’m totally shocked!

2 Likes

No complaints at all. I like having to make a tough decision when it comes to DC. I literally don’t hate a single character, so it’s cool when I’m forced to stay under a limit.

1 Like

Jeft Lemire especially for Black Hanmer

Tom.Taylor for Earth 2 issue 27 on

Geoff Johns Aquaman 2011 Hawkman 2002

3 Likes

I too love Jeff Lemire. I am such a Terrifics fan now. The new guy, Gene Luen Yang, is just as good. I never thought anyone could make me like Mister Terrific more than Johns did.

I. Was. Wrong.

3 Likes