Josie Campbell Q&A and Exclusive Giveaway!

Episode 5 of the DC Creator Q&A Series is almost here – submit your questions now!

The season for spooks is almost upon us! Ready for some pre-game TERROR?

For this month’s DC Creator Q&A, we’ll be sitting down with Josie Campbell, the talented writer behind Knight Terrors: Woman Woman! As always, we’ll be diving into your burning questions — this time, as we traipse into the nightmarish world Wonder Woman and Detective Chimp have suddenly found themselves in!

Submit your questions from now until August 25th — then get hyped for the official release of Episode 5 on September 8th!

Want a chance to win a signed copy of Knight Terrors: Wonder Woman #1?

Like with every month in the DC Community, this DC Creator Q&A will feature an exclusive giveaway! For this episode of the series, we’re giving away a copy of Knight Terrors: Wonder Woman #1 signed by Josie Campbell herself! All you have to do to enter is submit a question in this Q&A thread between August 18th and August 25th for Josie to answer, and you’ll be entered to win that month’s signed book … it’s that easy! The winner will be selected at random when the Q&A releases on Sempteber 8th, and every eligible person who participates will receive one entry into the giveaway — as always, please limit your questions for Josie to just one, so that she can answer as many as possible!

Get hyped for Episode 5 of the DC Creator Q&A Series! Remember: get those questions in from now through August 25th for your chance to win a signed copy of Knight Terrors: Wonder Woman #1, and keep your eyes peeled for this episode to drop on September 8th!

Terms Apply. For eligibility requirements, full rules, and details on the Creator Q&A Giveaway, please visit this page.

NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER/WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. Void where prohibited. Open only to legal residents of the 50 US or D.C. who are 18 or older. This DC Universe Infinite Community Giveaway (“DCUICG”) begins 08/18/23 at 10:00:00 a.m. PT and ends 09/08/23 at 11:59:59 p.m. PT. Prize for this DCUICG: Knight Terrors: Wonder Woman #1 by Josie Campbell. ARV of this DCUICG Prize: $3.99. Click here to view complete Official Rules, including ALL methods of entry, restrictions and extended Prize details. Odds of winning depend on # of Entries received for this specific DCUICG. Entry into this specific DCUI Community Giveaway does not result in an Entry into any other DCUICG, Sweepstakes or Contests. Sponsored and Administered by DC Comics, 4000 Warner Blvd., Burbank, CA 91522.
17 Likes

Hey Josie! Huge fan of MAWS (last episode got dark) and your Mary Marvel/Shazam mini.

1. You’ve mentioned you’re a Supergirl fan, even wrote that Legion animated movie starring her. Do you think Kara has the same optimistic view of life as Kal, or has seeing Krypton die caused her to be more cynical?

2. Other than the Amazons Attack mini, any more DC work coming up?

3. Favorite Superman villain (other than Lex since he’s usually everyone’s favorite lol)?

11 Likes

Hello Josie,
I don’t think I’ve ever seen Wonder Woman in a horror story before, what was the inspiration that inspire you to make this great horror story? :slightly_smiling_face:

10 Likes

Hey Josie! I’ve always been curious about the story behind the “New Champion of Shazam” miniseries. Early on it was hit with significant delays, and it seemed to end prematurely at 4 issues. Was New Champion always meant to be a 4 issue series? And if not, what happened?

11 Likes

Hey Josie! My question for you is besides Diana, who’s your favorite member of the Wonder Woman family?

9 Likes

First, just want to say thanks for taking your time to do this stuff, and thanks for your involvement in these great stories you’ve been a part of. I’ve really been enjoying My Adventures With Superman, and I’ve loved your work in movies like Legion of Super-Heroes, and comics like The New Champion of Shazam.

Now, for the question: What was the process in choosing the characters that will play a role in Amazons Attack? Might we see other members of the WW family during the series?

10 Likes

Hey Josie! I loved your work on Knight terrors: Wonder Woman and Mary Marvel! I have a few questions for you.

who is your favorite classic Shazam character? I loved seeing Dudley again in new champion of Shazam!

which JLD member is your favorite? I liked seeing their nightmare worlds in knight terrors: WW

And what other dc heroes do you think would match the world of my adventures with Superman!

9 Likes

Hi Josie, thank you for doing this! You obviously did a lot of Fawcett Comics research when writing New Champion of Shazam! Was there a Golden Age story that inspired that mini-series more than any other?

10 Likes

Just seeing this now but LOVING IT! Have been missing the Q&As and Josie Campbell has become one of my favorite DC writers so this is awesome!

Let me give this some thought and get my question posted in a day or two.

10 Likes

Greetings, Ms. Campbell! :wave:t2:

Thanks for your great work on The New Champion of Shazam!, Knight Terrors: Wonder Woman and, best of all, My Adventures with Superman, as they’re all wonderfully entertaining.

Question: Regarding My Adventures with Superman, were there any elements from previous animated Superman TV shows that you wanted to bring to the fold for this series, so to as showcase things you were a fan of and/or build upon things you liked and take them to a new level of enjoyment for other fans?

Thank you for your time with the DC Community! :heart:

11 Likes

Hello,

What is it like writing for a major crossover event with other writers? How is it different from writing a story arc by yourself?

8 Likes

Hello :wave:
Thanks for stopping by

My question is which Justice League Dark member do you think works best with Diana?

6 Likes

Hey Josie,

You are so talented! I love your stories! I was wondering what your all-time favorite comic issue is.

8 Likes

Hi, Josie! I greatly enjoyed “The New Champion of Shazam!” and I am loving “My Adventures with Superman”.

You’ve written for Shazam and family, Wonder Woman, and Superman. What other DC characters would you like to write for next if asked?

8 Likes

First off, Josie, thank you for bringing so many graat stories to us DC fans. Seeing your name in the credits or on the cover gets me excited and I love the style you bring to each project. My question is how? How do you write such compelling stories that combine heart, humor, action and emotion so consistently and so consisely? In 24 pages or 24 minutes you take us on a journey and I wonder how you do it? Do you add a layer with each revision? Do your editors help add layers? What magic are you using? I know it’s not easy because very few writers are able to pull it off but you make it look easy.

8 Likes