Joshua Williamson Confirms He'll Be the Next Batman Writer

I really don’t think so. I was hoping we’d be able to put some solid distance in between events, but I guess they just keep making too much money for DC to stop. It’s beyond exhausting at this point

1 Like

I mean…I wouldn’t say DC or Marvel is in a terribly healthy place for the past…many years now. I still think it could be a cool story, and I look forward to it.

Maybe, but the big events like this have just become so constant that it seems like it’s more the exception when one proves to be really good and memorable. I feel like I’ve developed practically an allergic reaction to phrases like “nothing will ever be the same” and “major ramifications for the universe”

That said, 1 thing that does seem more promising about this compared to Fear State and Joker War is that it’s all being handled by 1 writers. W/ those 2 events, you had the usual one-shots and crossovers that interrupted other writers’ stories. But here, it’s only involving Williamson’s books, so there’ll really be a singular vision for the whole thing. I’m still weary about it, but at least there look to be some aspects of Shadow War that could set it apart from other recent events

I mean, I’m agreeing with you. :slight_smile:

I just try to go in hoping that it will be a good story.

But then, I liked Fear State.

1 Like