Jonah Hex Animated Series

After watching the series of mini movies that are apart of Superman/Shazam!: The Return of Black Adam it is clear that DC could do a Jonah Hex Animated Series.

We have seen from Batman the Animated Series that Jonah Hex has already tangled with Ra’s Al Ghoul and his son. Vandal Savage could also be a villain in his quest to conquer the world. I like the idea of a western theme world where Hex deals out western justice. Two major villians who we all know will outlast him can help influence and shape the overall story arch. Create new villians for Hex to fight. You can do Jonah and Django 3 part episode.

9 Likes

Anything would be better than that pathetic excuse for a movie with Thanos starring as Jonah-in-name-only.

2 Likes

I’d watch it.

1 Like

God. I love that Jonah Hex short so much. I’d watch that series in a heartbeat.

3 Likes

I would watch it. Would be cool with either an animated series or even a live action one. Just keep it a gritty western and don’t try to turn it into a Sci-Fi like the movie did. No one wins in that scenario.

3 Likes

I’d be down

2 Likes

If Joe R. Lansdale oversaw the series, then shoot yeah, I’d watch it.

2 Likes

I definitely would watch a Jonah Hex animated feature or series animated or live-action

3 Likes

Animated would be my first choice, but essentially being a western I’m sure WB has a western town in a back lit somewhere. And plenty of places to shoot on location just past the valley.

2 Likes

Yes, I have always maintained that they need to do an animated Jonah Hex. (Lately my brain stuck upon the idea of an HBO Jonah Hex as well.)

I truly dig your idea about having him battle Vandal Savage. In fact, during DC’s Black Diamond Probability event, they did just that! You don’t necessarily need to read the entire event to enjoy their arc, although it’s pretty good for what it is, a disjointed series of stories that share a bizarre McGuffin. Savage imposes upon Gotham City in All-Star Western Vol. 3 Issues #13-16 and only Jonah Hex can stop him!

1 Like