Jon Kent IS the Right Person to be Superman

Yeah and advertise Action Comics better while they’re at it. It was the marketing for Death of the League and then nothing after that. Granted the deaths really don’t feel like they matter considering we have like 10 Batman books ongoing right now, Action Comics and Wonder Woman + we have been trained to consider death in comics as something thats meaningless

2 Likes

I got it, how we can get Jon deaged and keep Jon Kent as Superman.

Teen Jon Kent was merely one from the multiverse that was trapped on Earth 3 and then we bring back the kid Jon the age he was when he left.

Like how Power Girl and Supergirl are different verisons of the same charactor. You can do something interesting with that

2 Likes

I will be one of the first people to admit that I was very upset when Jon got aged up. I loved Super Sons. I loved young Jon. I loved how he interacted with Damian. I didn’t like the story where he got aged up. I didn’t like how it was done. I didn’t like why it was done.

However. I love Superman: Son of Kal-El. I love seeing Jon challenge the world in a way Clark never did. I love seeing Jon figure himself out. And in the brief couple of moments we’ve seen it, I love how he has interacted with Damian.

Am I still upset that he was aged up? Yeah. But I don’t think it should be retconned or changed. Jon is the Superman we need right now. Especially with his identity being public. I really think this would be a completely different story if the Kent’s still had their secret identities.

I will admit I am not a Superman fan. But I am a Jon fan. I will be reading this series as long as it exists because Jon is a Superman that I like. He sees the world in a way Clark doesn’t. He fights and acts in a way Clark never did. Like, beating Lex in that chess game. Or just walking into that fire in one of the first issues to help the meta-teen and just introducing himself. Even his activism with climate change and with the refugees.

My only real issue right now is with how he was aged up. If there is a retcon to be done, I would want it to be that. It’s so anti-climatic for him to just have been stuck in an Earth-3 jail/volcano for 7 years. I want more character development from the event that aged him up. Not just him being locked away for that time period. It just felt like a cop-out when we finally got that reveal. :woman_shrugging:

But, I agree, Jon Kent is the right person to be Superman. And I hope he continues as Superman for a while.

2 Likes

What if that wasn’t the origanal Jon Kent but one from another multiverse and the kid veriosion returned. Therefore we get the best of both worlds well untill DC starts messing with contunity again

1 Like

I mean, I think it was made very clear when Jon came back that he was the correct Jon. Clark, Lois and Damian made a lot of Kryptonite and multiverse jokes. And if I remember right Batman (might have been Damian actually) ran some tests to make sure it was actually him.

It’s a cool theory but I don’t really think it’s plausible. But it would be a cool time event thing to have Teen and Kid Jon meet.

1 Like

Please its comics its not that hard to BS an explanation and with the coming of Infinte Fronter anything is possible.

If nothing else, DC can publish more minis and one-shots with Jon as a kid that take place in the not-too-distant past, while letting the current version of him fly in his own mag and wherever else he may show up.

Its the best “have your cake and eat it” solution that both camps of Jon Kent fandom can realistically hope for.

That approach also allows DC to make more bread from those of us who like Jon no matter what his age is, and will support him wherever he shows up.

SN: I really want an animated, theatrically-released, Super Sons movie to come to fruition.

Please make it happen, WB Animation! :superman: :00_robin:

2 Likes

Best Justice League book of the last couple years, right?

If Williamson should write Justice League whenever the next main ongoing to star the core team surfaces, I will absolutely be onboard (especially if some faces from Incarnate are on that team).

1 Like

You misspelled Jurassic League

3 Likes

:sweat_smile: No, you misspelled (and forgot words to) “Justice League Incarnate”. :wink:

1 Like

If it had to be done, that would be the way to do it. But again, I think the damage (of ruining the “Superman and Lois raise a son” era that got me back into reading the adventures of Clark Kent) has already been done, and there might be some brand confusion if DC attempted it.

1 Like

I really, really enjoyed it! I loved how it was able to incorporate elements of Multiversity, Flashpoint, and The Fourth World into a cohesive whole. If anyone on that team makes the JL proper roster then it had better be Captain Carrot.

1 Like

Precisely who I’m hoping for, too!

:fist_right:t2: :fist_left:t2:

#herobunny

1 Like