Jon Kent De-Age?

Maybe its just wishful thinking but does anyone else feel like the action comics and current Jon Kent seires are hinting / leading towards a de age situation? We all miss super sons and DC knows it.

6 Likes

Hello @Hourman87

First off congratulations on your first topic post. I like Johnathan Kent as a character and I am glad someone brought this up as Johnathan Kent being aged up is my pet peeve and is the biggest tragedy since not allowing Kate Batwoman to have a girlfriend and get married.

I believe what you’re referring to with Johnathan in action comics is currently the Dan Jurgens backup of a post revived superman and the new enemy to superman’s gallery called Doom breaker. It’s a story set in the past and unfortunately Johnathan Kent is still very much a adult. He likely won’t be changed any time soon as he has been pushed more prominently as the second superman.

4 Likes

Welcome to the community!

And, when it first happened I was one of the people most against the age-up situation, but at this point it will be really really odd if they decided to go back on it. Son of Kal-El was a pretty good series and I think one of the effects of that series is that now there’s really no good way to go back to a 10 year old Jon. As much as I used to wish they’d go back on it, at this point I would feel really weird if they actually did decide to. What would that mean for Jay? Or for the face Jon was/is Superman? I don’t know, I just don’t think it would work, but that’s just my opinion

3 Likes

Welcome to the community!

If anything, I have felt that Action Comics and Jon’s series have been solidifying Jon’s teenage state even more. With the addition of Otho and Osul to the Super Family and then Jon and Jay in his series. These things are moving time forward and away from ‘little Jon’.

I do enjoy the flashback stories that have ‘little Jon’ like the back-up in Action Comics right now. And there have been new Super Sons stories in this flash back form. Plus, new Super Sons with Jon as a teenager. Jon and Damian are still friends.

I was very against aging Jon up at the beginning but I really do like who he has become now. He is Superman now, along with his father, and he has really grown into that role. I enjoy reading his comics more than Clark’s, actually.

2 Likes

for a new 5g teen titans, they now have the super twins so maybe there is no more need to de age jon kent. Can just put super twins, damian wayne, irey west and jai west in a new 5g teen titans.

3 Likes

Welcome to the community! It’s an insane place - you’ll enjoy it

As someone who doesn’t usually read a lot of Superman stuff, I didn’t bat an eye when Jon was aged up. I actually loked it because the Son of Kal-El book was really good and encouraged me to check out a few more titles (Actions Comics, the new Superman book, the Adventures of Superman: Jon book, and the newly announced Power Girl title comong out this September).

Maybe they’ll do a Black Label AKA Elseworlds story if there is enough demand that shows Jon actually growing up with his parents. Otherwise, I don’t have a problem with it and actually like Jon as he is now, but maybe I’m not the right person to ask about Superman related stuff

3 Likes

Welcome to the community.

We are talking Kal’s son, right? :rofl: I assume so because I noticed that to, I was reading Action Comics 1051 (I’m behind) and noticed that he was younger. I thought the 30th Anniversary story was a flashback, but I guess not.

2 Likes

also what about that 6 issue mini about Jon? I haven’t read that yet but it looks like he is a teenager in that.

2 Likes

Welcome to the Community, @Hourman87! I just re-read Super Sons of Tomorrow, and have always been a big Super Sons fan. I’d be really surprised if Jon got de-aged, but I’d definitely like a new Super Sons miniseries, or even an ongoing, but it would have to be a flashback series or just out of continuity.

3 Likes

It’s funny you mentioned that because I believe that’s the premise of Tom King’s Superman story: World’s without a Justice League. I’ll link it down here.

2 Likes

I think DC screwed up with the Jon age up and have now backed themselves into a situation where he can’t be aged down. It makes me sad but I don’t think we’ll get the de-age without a full crisis reboot. On the bright side, this doesn’t mean an end for Supersons content! Personally, I’d love a Supersons animated show or Batfamily Adventures esq webtoon. Actually, that’s exactly what I want now! Give us a Supersons Batfamily Adventures Webtoon spin-off!

4 Likes

Found this here (Dawn of the DCU Reading Order! - Comic Book Herald)that might answer some questions

Context : Action Comics is moving to a Superman Family book with 3 stories coming with each issue. The first is Phillip Kennedy Johnson’s Super-family story, the second is the sequel to 2015’s Superman and Lois mini-series about Young Jon Kent, and the third is a Powergirl book. With #1054, the Powergirl becomes a Steel story which leads directly into Steelworks. [Emphasis added]

2 Likes

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!! Appreciate it. Feels like the old DC boards are back (sans the trolls.) I personally like the Jon Kent superman books but just some of the dialog in both Action and Jon Kent Superman have me thinking they are hinting at something like that. Just with how much he has been recently lamenting the 5 missing years and now that he is multiverse hopping running into a bunch of other versions of superman…I think its possible even if not probable that were gonna figure out he’s actually Injustice Superman’s son or something like that and we get the “Real” Jon back. Allowing both versions to exist. Again, possibly just wishful thinking because I really loved the Super Sons series and movie BTW, it was well done. Also Time of recording, one of the super twins was evil or attacking Metropolis for some reason so they could still have super twins with one being Jon if that’s the case. I will say I read on DCUIU so I’m always a month behind. They may have resolved that in the current issue.

4 Likes