Joker Box office has the biggest opening in October

In the US it made 93.5 million and 140.5 foreign totaling in at 234 million in its opening weekend. Impressive, most impressive.

Link

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2019/10/06/joker-weekend-box-office-935m-dc-films-todd-phillips-joaquin-phoenix-wonder-woman-venom-deadpool-aquaman-shazam-justice-league-watchmen-natalie-portman-jon-hamm-antonio-banderas-lucy-in-the-sky-pain-and-glory/

4 Likes

I saw that and that’s pretty nifty. I haven’t seen it yet but hope to soon. Hopefully it doesn’t get a big drop off for the second weekend like happens sometimes.

2 Likes

ralphsix even if it does it made back it budget and then some. It only cost the studio 60 million for its budget.

1 Like

I didn’t even know that. That’s good news. This could lead to more diverse comic projects in the mainstream, and I am so down.

2 Likes

ralphsix I’m still bummed out we will never see “New Mutants” by Fox studios. That will sit on the shelf at Disney forever. It looked like a straight up horror film featuring Mutant characters.

Joker and to a lesser extent the trailer for New Mutants didn’t feel like a cookie cutter Comic Book film. What I mean by that at least to me most comic book films all feel the same.

1 Like

Whoa! It had a bigger opening than Justice League :clown_face:
I also think it made more than what ppl were projecting :raised_hands:
:bat:

1 Like

It’s awesome, the movie definitely deserves it. I just hope that WB gets the right message from the movie, that audiences can be into both the more standard blockbuster acction/comedy flicks, AND these more intimate, darker, more self-contained movies from auter filmmakers. I hope they realize that instead of “DARKEN EVERYTHING UP! Shazam? Say goodbye to your foster parents, it’s torture time!”

2 Likes

@johnonyx, I completely agree! X- Force looked really good, and different then anything else. I think we may get to the point where comic book flicks are going to really need to differentiate themselves to make a big splash.

Also apparently it made more domestically then originally thought. It made 96 million this weekend not 93.