Joaquin Phoenix Joker - Too similar to Ledger?

So in all honesty, do most people feel like this look is too similar to Heath Ledger, or is it just right?..I’m on the fence, but I’m leaning more towards enjoying it so far

1 Like

I actually really like the direction they are taking Phoenix’s joker and I am excited to see what they do with this take. I believe there is potential to surpass the dark knight’s joker.

2 Likes

I’m glad I got a positive reply! Do you think this is the final look or is there something bigger in store?

No one will surpass the Dark Knights Joker all they can do is come in 2nd etc

1 Like

I think they should have went with shorter hair tbh, seems like they copied the hair from Heath’s Joker because he was popular. Other than that, I haven’t seen enough to notice any other similarities. I hope they change the look, I don’t like the face paint that much. Why can’t they just for once match the comics, that’s where all the success is…

1 Like

I don’t think that’s the final look, but it may be the look for the majority of the movie…until he falls into a vat of acid or however this version does the transformation.

1 Like

@stnutt.20416 That would actually be interesting to see him doing his own makeup throughout the movie and then have an ironic turnaround on him, that would be a nice twist lol

I just laugh that is name is Arthur Fleck.

A. Fleck

1 Like

@csidet1971 I know right? Haha I mean it COULD be coincidence but you never know lol

If you looked at the photo and thought of Heath then that’s probably the intention. The face paint is right off of the goon masks in the bank robbery scene. The long green hair has only been seen on film from Heath. I’ve noticed the official title for this Joker movie isn’t out yet. I think WB and DC should add the word “Elseworlds” to the title. Then both general audiences and comic fans could put the continuing films in context with these solo movies.

1 Like