Jeph Loeb and Tim Sale Continuity

I would love to hear your thoughts on Loeb and Sale stories and how they fit in current Canon. Does everyone consider Long Halloween, Dark Victory, and When in Rome part of current DC continuity? Why or why not?

2 Likes

I don’t think they’re in continuity and I think that’s ok. I love their collaboration, and they’re so well written they work great as Stand alone stories. Similar to Nolan’s Batman films, self contained & great works of art.

2 Likes

In my own continuity it definitely is.

2 Likes

I think they definitely have a continuity, at least Long Halloween, Dark Victory and When in Rome. WiR takes place after Catwoman moves out in Dark Victory(forgot which issue but it’s somewhere near the end) and Dark Victory is a direct sequel to Long Halloween. They aren’t as connected with Haunted Knight though, but I think they all branch off of Batman Year One.

2 Likes

But I don’t think they’re in the current continuity. Just a good basis to go off of if you want to be introduced to the characters and basic story of B-man and Robin

1 Like

HUSH references the events from LONG HALLOWEEN.
Obviously the New 52 and Rebirth have shifted things (albiet with Rebirth restoring a lot)…but in my mind they’re all in continuity unless otherwise contracted.

2 Likes