James Mangold In Talks To Helm Swamp Thing Movie

I loved Logan hopefully this will be as good as his other comic book films.

7 Likes

Bumping this thread since it appears nobody saw it.

6 Likes

I think he sounds like a great choice! I loved his take on Logan and Girl Interrupted was great too. I really hope this choice comes to past and the movie is made and released. Swampy needs love and appreciation!

5 Likes

This is good news! I loved his remake of 3:10 to Yuma and I really liked Walk the Line too.

5 Likes

If he doesn’t use the old theme he needs to be fired

5 Likes

Top notch enough that Steven Spielberg chose him to take over directing and co-writing Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (2023).

I’ve enjoyed a majority of his body at work, so if James Mangold can deliver Swamp Thing the way it should be? I’m all in - just give him the budget + all of the talent required!

3 Likes

Am I horrible if I prefer they use deep fake style CGI to have a scene where zombie Troggs actually perform a full length version of it in story? Like, Lucas, Allen, and Doyle can perform the recording, but I want 1966 era manifestations of Presley, Bond, Staples, and Britton to appear in the film.

3 Likes

I’d be interested to see him take this on. Admittedly I did think Logan was overrated (very hot take, I know), but that was less because of what Mangold brought to the table and more because I just never really got very emotionally invested in that version of Wolverine. It’s still a good movie overall, and it’d be interesting to see how he’d handle a comic character’s introduction as opposed to their conclusion. I’ll probably have more to say about Mangold’s style after Indiana Jones 5, assuming this rumor hasn’t been debunked by then

4 Likes

I didn’t like Logan, but being that James Mangold has a great filmography, I’m 100% confident in his ability to helm Swamp Thing in a movie that will be more than either a cult or camp classic.

5 Likes

I think it’d be good to have a horror kinda R-rated movie in the DCU where it keeps switching themes like from a PG-13 movie to a R-rated movie unlike the MCU where all it’s movies are basically PG-13 so that’d be cool

3 Likes

Still sad about the show not getting a real chance.
Please do right by Swampy DC.

2 Likes

If y’all haven’t heard yet James Mangold confirmed that he is writing swamp thing then James gunn said he is also directing it

3 Likes