James Gunn's 'Creature Commandos' Gets Release Window

13 Likes

Superman Legacy is going to be the first project I see before anything else. But Iā€™m interested

8 Likes

This has my interest

8 Likes

Cool definitely think with that info around late summer early fall. Near the Halloween time would line up nice.

7 Likes

This is what Iā€™m most excited for! Super stoked!

6 Likes

02F5FC82-692C-4F32-8ADF-D39B78D3EE3E

7 Likes

Excited GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

6 Likes

ā€œOh boy, this going to be good. I can tell.ā€

5 Likes

Just when I thought my interest could be no smaller (for a guy who has seen 111 DC movies).

5 Likes

Didnā€™t Tom King do the Batman/Catwoman wedding fake-out?

4 Likes

He wrote Supergirl: Woman of Tomorrow, so it seems like a natural fit for King to get involved, be it on that titleā€™s adaptation in some way, or with a franchise heā€™s a fan of, but hasnā€™t yet written comics for.

King also wrote Superman: Up in the Sky, which is one of the most highly-acclaimed Superman mini-series of the last 4 years.

If he can bring on-screen magic to Superman the way he did to him on the page, Iā€™ll be in-line and ready to check out his Chapter One work.

4 Likes

Yes

3 Likes

That one still stings. I was sooo hoping that King would break with convention and actually make it happen. :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

4 Likes

ooooh :eyes: I should get to that someday.

Iā€™m only familiar with Tom King on his book ā€˜Visionā€™ which I thought was phenomenal :100: :ok_hand:
Iā€™ve only read the first arc of his Batman which I thought was cool + interesting.

Bought his ā€˜Mister Miracleā€™ book recently and going to read Woman of Tomorrow when they release the hardcover next year :money_mouth_face:

4 Likes

As Ducky said in The Land Before Time, ā€œYup! Yup!ā€

Up in the Sky is good and thatā€™s a fact. Right, Marisa Tomei?

Marisa Tomei Movie GIF

Kingā€™s Batman started out pretty well and in retrospect, its the first arc or two that I enjoy the best.

I lost interest in his Batman run after the wedding, but that wasnā€™t really anything to do with what King was doing on the title. I was just gravitating towards other Bat-books, more than anything.

I think the guy gets a bad rap, especially from people who automatically hate his work in an attempt to fit in in certain online communities (not here of course, but out in the greater Internet wilds, that is), ala Bendis and his run on Superman.

If people actually read the works of writers they claim to dislike, rather than just joined in on Internet mouth-frothing wholesale to fit in, they might see that an allegedly bad writer is actually quite good and then some.

If the Fourth World should factor in somewhere in the new DCEU, I wouldnā€™t be surprised to see Kingā€™s Mister Miracle bear some influence in its portrayal.

That said, Iā€™d sooner see the Fourth World be brought to cinematic life in all of its bombastic, wonderfully thrilling and deliriously creative ways as Jack ā€œThe Kingā€ Kirby himself created it.

Woman of Tomorrowā€™s available on DCUI right now, as is its trade (which is Ultra-only). Why wait when you donā€™t have to? :wink:

5 Likes

Agreed

3 Likes

Queen whattevaIwannabe is a way better wife for me anyway.

3 Likes

Who?

2 Likes

Allow my wife to introduce herself.

Happy anniversary

2 Likes

Awkward

2 Likes