James Gunn Reveals New Superman Emblem!

Yooo this is so cool if they actually merged all 3.

7 Likes

Soooo neat. I didn’t notice it either!

8 Likes

Me: “I wonder which logo they’ll use :thinking:

James Gunn: “All of them”

9 Likes

I feel called out. That was me like 3 days ago…

6 Likes

:rofl:
Sorry, my bad.

7 Likes

He didn’t say only Superman and Batman are changing.

It seems 95% is changing (to me) except for something like Peacemaker which in the grand scheme of things isn’t something that big since it was in the outskirts of the DCEU.

We also don’t have the rest of the slate either so there could be more change or the exclusion of stuff such as Black Adam for example shows change as well.

Gunn wasn’t involved in casting Sasha. People seeing her audition was Andy Muschietti, Walter Hamada and other executives as per Andy’s statement on the matter.

:star: :star: Edit: I misread your comment here.

Regardless he doesn’t need to use the same people pre-universe.

I personally would prefer a full-reboot. But my bias towards his projects and casting leaves me ‘okay’ atm.

7 Likes

My issue isn’t what he’s doing but rather how he’s done it. I think he’s missed the mark on how to handle the transition between the DCEU and DCU such as the things @WWofThemyscira mentioned. However I’m totally in favor of Gunn’s cast staying because those are the probably the actors he would’ve have cast in the first place.

6 Likes

Not directly, but this was the strong implication in his slate announcement.

I mean, it’s big enough for Peacemaker to interact with major DCEU characters, including the Justice League itself. Yes, some were missing and yes most were just silhouettes, but the fact that they interacted and that Peacemaker’s plot was significant enough to warrant their attention makes it a major part of the old DCEU.

True. If he keeps more DCEU elements that aren’t his, I’ll be a bit less bitter.

No worries. I’m not lamenting him casting a new Supergirl per se (though I would have preferred that Calle stayed), but he said nothing while Sasha Calle was publicly lobbying to keep playing Supergirl and unaware that she was already recast, if Gunn is to be believed when he said that he had decided on Milly Alcock as Supergirl well before The Flash hit theaters. It just feels like more slimy, dishonest, James Gunn behavior.

I’d have preferred the DCEU continued but if I had to reboot it, I’d have kept Gunn as far away from the new universe as possible.

8 Likes

A cameo I’m sure he regrets now. :sweat_smile: but we also haven’t gotten Peacemaker Season 2 yet which he says would tackle the ‘universe transition’ as he called it.

I honestly thought they’d just ignore the cameos happening and stay status-quo.

He also said it wouldn’t be a significant part of the plot in response to someone asking if Peacemaker will be like the Phycho Pirate of the DCU remembering the universe prior and confused why Superman and everyone look different but no one believing him because he’s an idiot. I personally would’ve loved that. :weary:

5 Likes

If he didn’t lie so often (and make the same promise with The Flash before proceeding to break it), I’d be interested in seeing that, but I expect him to just not do that and hope nobody remembers him saying he would.

This is also similar to the Greg Rucka run of Wonder Woman Rebirth (where she kind of remembers bits of her pre-Flashpoint iterations and her New 52 adventures were mostly falsified memories). I’ve heard some people bring this up as a way to keep Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman and I agree, it’s perfect. It’s also a good excuse to keep Jason Momoa as Aquaman (Lobo would be such a downgrade IMO).

5 Likes

I’m looking forward to the first look at Nathan Filion as Guy Gardner

8 Likes

Awe:superman:ome™:+1:

4 Likes

This logo looks amazing and I can’t wait to see this film in theaters on July 11th 2025 and this is my most anticipated film of 2025 and of all time.

9 Likes

Welcome to the community, new friend! I think it’s my most anticipated DC film as well… can’t wait!

6 Likes

I’m glad I’m not the only one who feels this way with him

5 Likes

Pretty cool, I was hoping it was gonna be straight up just the Kingdom Come logo
but this works.

5 Likes

Excited for this!

6 Likes

Loving your enthusiasm! :superman: Welcome to the community, friend!

5 Likes

Welcome! This is my most anticipated film as well.

4 Likes

I’m looking forward to what I hope is a much brighter, clever, and hopeful DC Universe versus the dystopian, dark universe Snyder gave us. Batman, for example, does not need to be a psychopath, as he was in Batman vs Superman.

6 Likes