Is Titans as Good as Doom Patrol?

Titans is good but I prefer Doom Patrol!

1 Like

Yeah, I saw on their twitter feed that it said HBO Max, but it said in the press release in the link that it would be simultaneously released on both streaming services. Glad they gave us a date and can’t wait to see the new season!

1 Like

That’s not what’s happening at all.

1 Like

As has been said in this thread, Titans is just very different. It really depends on the type of person you are. I personally think Titans is a lot weaker from a story and writing standpoint, but I know a lot of people like it. I think the main thing to prepare for when going into Titans AFTER Doom Patrol is that (despite season 1, episode 4 of Titans) they take place in a different universe and carry a VERY different tone and style. Titans is much more melodramatic, closer to something like Riverdale in my opinion. So, yeah, give it a shot but try your best to keep Doom Patrol out of your mind as you watch since I think it’ll probably make it more enjoyable. That’s just my opinion though. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

As others have said, both shows are really good. I enjoy Titans more as it is more serious. At times both shows suffer from limited budgets but they really are completely different from each other. If you like a more serious show, Titans is probably the better pick. If you like breaking 4th wall and a lot more silly/fun than Doom Patrol is for you.

1 Like

I think all of their original programming has been top notch. I do think Doom Patrol is the better 2, a lot find Titans a bit more uneven. But I think it is a quality show even if not perfect and you should enjoy both. Check out Harley Quinn also.

And Swamp Thing is only 1 season but it is a good season that mostly wraps up all loose ends. I mean yeah, they had to rush the finale so not everything is covered, but still worth a watch.

Have not watched Young Justice yet as I have not seen season 1 and 2 yet, but everyone who has seems to have liked it.

Hell even DC Universe All Star Games is a good series for what it is, if not going to be everyones cup of tea.

In short check out all the original programs. I think you will be satisfied with almost if not all of them. DC Universe has been making great original programs. They are not churning them out at breakneck pace, but they make up for quality what they lack in quantity.

3 Likes