Is The Snyder Cut Actually Worth Watching?

I thought it was much better than the theatrical version. Also Snyder seems to be really good at long movies.

6 Likes

As someone who truly, unironically loved the Whedon Cut (I bought the special edition!), I do think the Snyder Cut is worth watching. I would definitely break it up, though!

6 Likes

Zach Snyder truly brought the DC Universe to life in a way I don’t believe we will see again in live-action.

Four hours well spent and emotionally satisfying. And it works great as a whole, or in the chapters.

5 Likes

I liked it better than the theatrical version. Didn’t love either version, didn’t hate either version, but Snyder’s is noticeably better IMO.

3 Likes

It’s generally better than the other cut, but I likely won’t sit through it again due to the length. I guess I’m saying no. :yellow_heart:

2 Likes

DEFINITELY
The Snyder Cut is the definitive version of the movie. I remember back in 2016, when the first trailer came out at SDCC, I was so hyped!!! But then in 2017, when Snyder had to leave the project unfortunately, I figured that it may go downhill. And then the new trailers were getting released with a Wheadon-esque vibe, and it just felt completely different than what Zack wanted.

Then the actual theatrical cut came out, I was just utterly disappointed! I was hyped for Justice League since the ending of Batman v Superman. That was the more than a year. March 2016 - November 2017. The Josstice League made me lose most of my hope in the DCEU because I wanted the movie to be the like the 1st Avengers for the franchise. However, Wheadon ruined everything.

So when I found out that the Snyder Cut was coming out with all the scenes from the original trailer from SDCC 2016 and just new footage in general that we’ve never seen before, I became sooo happy. And when the Snyder Cut was released, I was completely satisfied. As a huge DC fan, it hit hard. I loved it! It was epic, beautiful, and emotional!

5 Likes

IMO, yes. Although it’s four hours, it’s broken up into 7 parts in total making it easier to watch for people. The four hour runtime lets them flesh out the story and characters, unlike the 2017 cut. This cut heavily improves the story, characters, music, visuals, action, and tone.

4 Likes

:tada: :partying_face:
Welcome @basicallydarkseid
It’s fun here

2 Likes

My honest opinion of the Snyder Cut: It’s slightly better than the original cut, but needed an extra two hours to be only slightly better. If you weren’t already sold on Snyder’s DCEU, it likely will not change your mind.

7 Likes

Welcome to the Community @basicallydarkseid !

2 Likes

Thank you!

2 Likes

I haven’t watched it and it’s way at the bottom of my to do pile (which has other things far ahead of it that I haven’t gotten to, like WW '84, for example, since I had wanted to see it theatrical and that never happened due to lockdown in SoCal that winter). I though the Whedon JL was adequate enough with enough good to near great moments and that one I did see in theaters. But I’m one of the people that was underwhelmed by BvS and barely enjoyed Watchmen, although I did praise 300, so I’m not someone who would ever recommend anything from the Cult Leader, much less something that’s clearly such a Snyder thing.

Shazam! has flaws but you’ll enjoy it more and it won’t feel like a slog.

3 Likes

I saw Shazam! and I had a blast with it. I’m mostly feeling a little burnt out with overly dark and miserable superheroes.

2 Likes

What about me? I am dark and happy.

3 Likes

Fair enough I sincerely apologize

2 Likes

It was worth my time. I thought it was fantastic and consider it a high that DC movies haven’t hit since.

If you’re asking folks whether it’s worth it, it means you are at least curious. Best to make up your own mind instead of taking anyone’s word for it.

Or not, up to you :slightly_smiling_face:.

3 Likes