Is Teen Titans Go that bad?

Let’s have a civil debate about it. Good, Bad, Terrible? Is it nostalgia for Teen Titans that makes us hate it?

3 Likes

Bad for me because it’s unfunny, immature and often insulting to the kid’s intelligence and shamelessly treated dissent terribly by comparing the opponents of the show to idiots

No, it’s not. It’s supposed to be ridiculously over the top and super silly. There’s alot of kid’s programming past and present (and probably future too as time rolls on) that truly is the insufferable garbage that some think TTG is.

4 Likes

I love Teen Titans Go. It’s aimed at younger kids, but has grown-up humor and older pop-culture references in it. I laugh all the time when I watch it.

2 Likes

I mean, fart jokes are funny so…yeah.

I didn’t like the Grandma Voice episode. That did get irritating.

1 Like

Teen Titans was hated by alot of people when it debuted. I watched it the night it aired and the next day, the interwebs were all “What was that?!” Just goes to show time softens certain things for some people.

1 Like

I enjoy watching TTG with my 10yo. son but its not something ill watch by myself. Im 42 so im not at all the target audience but hearing my boys laughter and seeing him enjoy anything DC gets me pumped.

2 Likes

I think ttg is hilarious

1 Like

No, it’s not. It’s actually one of the smarter and funnier DC shows for kids out there. The people that bash this show are people that never actually watched it. They’re all just mad because they saw that it wasn’t a continuation of Teen Titans from the early 2000s and threw tantrums in protest like a group of collective four year olds.

5 Likes

Have you noticed how deep the well of DC references are on the show? Keep an eye out in background scenes that feature alot of details and you’d be surprised what they pack in. Definitely fan made.

5 Likes

I think it has enough Easter eggs and references to be good to watch casually. If you have kids it’s a must watch my 3 year old loves the show. I even enjoy some of the songs and when we get reference episodes like zelda or flash backs to teen titans anime-rican episodes it’s great.

THE MOVIE IS HANDS DOWN A MUST WATCH FOR ANY AGE!

4 Likes

I don’t personally like it. Its a little too mean spirited for my tastes. But if u like it, u like it.

1 Like

There are some absolutely brilliant episodes, such as the ones where the do voice overs of the original show, or interpret the original shows content in hilarious ways, but there are also some terrible ones where the whole team slaps their butts and fart, and call it “comedy” I give the show a 6.5/10 in my opinion, because I liked it when I was younger but I feel like the show got less enjoyable as time passed.

I simultaneously love and hate it for getting “Booty Scooty” stuck in my head. They pushed the dumb so far that it spun around the dial into awesome category.

@bluekid, the movie was so fun! Also had some funny dark humor too. The kind of thing that today’s kids in ten years will say “That flew over my head then but now I completely get all of the adult humor in it and the show. Friggin’ brill!”

1 Like

I thoroughly enjoy it. There are people who judge it harshly because it’s not the original 2003 series and that it’s stupid, but they fail to realise that’s because it’s aimed at a younger audience (While also throwing in teen/adult humour and refernces lol)

I will admit that I loved the movie

My main gripe with the show is that this is the first time some people have heard of the teen Titans and thus, people won’t take the actual team or comics seriously. I still enjoy TTG however.

My main gripe with the show is that this is the first time some people have heard of the teen Titans and thus, people won’t take the actual team or comics seriously. I still enjoy TTG however.

It’s okay, I will admit it. I did like the show for a while, and I agree that it is aimed at young audiences. But I really do think it’s not very good. It can spin way out of control very very fast, bridging from funny to inappropriate very quick. Comedy is not screaming constantly, injuring yourself, talking about butts, and singing about food. The comic references are good, but I just don’t think this show lives up to DC. I think my main problem is how they portray the characters. Everyone is constantly screaming and being stupid, portraying the characters in a similar light. It’s not right. Robin and BB are some of my favorite characters, and while I’ll admit they did get BB as a video game loving teen, they way they portray Robin disgusts me. Robin is one of my favorite characters, and having him portrayed as a screaming, immature, ego-maniac control freak who likes butts is not ok for me. The rest of the characters are ok, but Robin is not. I have watched the show and I won’t anymore, out of respect to Robin. And Batman. His character is awful in TT. This is my opinion, agree if you want. You don’t have to.