Is Martian Manhunter O.P. or weak as can be???

I’m curious to know what other people think about our beloved green martian! In a lot of media such as television shows or animated movies, Martain Manhunter never really seems to stand out with his abilities like for example in cw’s supergirl, he just seems like a weaker version of superman with super strength, speed, and flight, with a hint of telepathy to mix it up. Or in movies like justice league: crisis on 2 earths we see some of his true potential where hes shapeshifting into a dragon and laying waste to anyone in his way. Or there’s the middle ground where hes pretty average like kn the animated justice league tv series where he uses most if not all his abilities but still doesn’t do anything all too special. I personally think Martian Manhunter is O.P. considering his vast variety of abilities and skills. Being one of dc universe’s greatest detectives next to batman, Tim drake robin, and the question. I think the new 52 did him justice where he took on the justice league single handedly and seemed to be winning. What do you guys think???

To your point about CW Supergirl turning MMH into a wimp, they do that to every male characters lol which is why I’m worried about CW potentially getting their hands on Bruce for Batwoman. God knows how much of a wuss they’d turn Bruce into.

1 Like

Martian Manhunter once took on the entire Justice League in the New 52. To put it simply, he’s the Martian Superman.

3 Likes

Martian Manhunter is extremely dangerous. As he said himself in the JL comics on this site. I’m as strong as Superman, why do people forget that? He also possesses invisibility/morphing powers, Detective skills, transformation into the dragon form u mentioned above, telepathy, Shape-Shifting etc. OP for sure.

2 Likes

Sorry everyone, I don’t know what you mean by O.P. Please help out a fellow fan…

2 Likes

Typically = “over-powered”

1 Like

I absolutely love MMH one of my favorites! but yes I agree he is OP. If I had to tone down one of his powers I would take away his super strength. He really doesn’t need it with all the others that he has and I don’t think it would hurt him as far as story telling.

2 Likes

I did a similar post on this very topic a while back, and it seemed to shock some fans in a bad way lol. I absolutely agree, MM should be one of the strongest fighters on SG yet he’s commonly overpowered, even by the most uninteresting of villains. I don’t get it either…I know he’s supposed to be this pacifist and all, but once the world is being attacked, and he decides to join in on the fight, he should be kicking a$$. Instead he usually gets knocked or something lame happens, causing him to leave the battle. I was super happy to see him on SG at first, now I’m just prepared to groan every time he gets in a conflict :joy:

2 Likes

I believe whether it is movie, series, or comic nobody at DC knows how to make an effort to write anyone outside the Trinity worth a damn. If you show a glimmer of talent corporate throws a Batman or Superman property your way.

I’m thinking the success of Aquaman will get talent to look at other characters like Martian Manhunter, Green Lantern, Flash, and with nothin but hope Grifter or Zealot.

I feel Martian Manhunter is underused on Supergirl, but any exposure is good exposure,