Is "Krypton" good?

Back when they first announced and started this shoe, I caught a fee clips, but it really didn’t impress me. From what I have heard, people who have watched the first season don’t seem to be that thrilled about it.

But now they started season 2 and now they apparently have Lobo and now everyone seems to love the show. Is this actually a good show or not?

2 Likes

I enjoy it.

It reminds me of Smallville in the feel and tone of the show, without the teen drama lol. More than anything else, I think it’s the cast that brings it to life. You can tell how dedicated they are to their roles.

1 Like

I’ve got lots of thoughts on Krypton you can see in my thread Krypton Forgive Me. Short version, I thought it started out slow, i stopped watching, when I picked it back up I found season 1 builds and gets pretty good by the end. Season 2 has started out very strong.

1 Like

I was skeptical at first because I didn’t know if we really needed a show about Krypton. Also, it had David Goyer’s name attached to it and he hasn’t been the most pleasant of people as of late. That being said, any concern I had went out the window when the pilot aired. The show found its groove and it’s been spectacular. For me (And I know this might just be me) it has elements of Game of Thrones and Dune.

1 Like

Personally, they characters never grabbed me enough to finish the first season.

2 Likes

This is my favorite current live action DC tv show. They do a good job mixing in past Superman properties with new fresh material.

2 Likes

I’ve been trying to watch season one for over a year. Made it through episode 6 finally.

I force myself to watch an episode every few months,if that tells you anything.

To be clear, it’s not horrible, but it’s farrrr from a good show.

1 Like

Nope, not good at all… It’s GREAT! IMHO The best DC show going these days.

3 Likes

The more I think about it. It is pretty bad.

2 Likes

Loved Krypton. Never thought I would like it. Was nowhere near the top of my list of shows to watch. But when Brainiac and Doomsday came along, they were over the top.

I personally like it, but I’ll leave whether or not it is good for you to your opinion

I watched a few episodes and then dropped off. It was just kind of boring. I don’t know. Make of that what you will.

Also, Adam Strange on that show is Booster Gold by any other name.

1 Like

i haven’t found the show to be good. DC seems to be either really good or really bad. with very few shows that are passable.

The second season looks to be much better than the first. I feel like they kind of used the DC characters and history as a vessel for a dystopian setting, but Season two looks like it’s going to fully embrace it’s role and come up with some really neat new history for the DC Universe. As far as season one goes though, I think watching it on this app increased my enjoyment of the show ten-fold. Cameron Cuffe has worked with DC Daily and the Communtiy a lot, and his genitive love and enthusiasm to be able to be part of a processing of adding to the DC Universe is infectious. DC Daily’s episodes discussing Krypton were also great.

All in all, the series is definitely worth a watch. It’s all on here and only 10 episodes long, so it’s not a huge commitment if you don’t like it. Even if you don’t like season 1, season 2 looks to be getting much better—really exploring the space it has to play in in a way that season 1 didn’t.

2 Likes

"Is Krypton good? "

it’s better than “good”; it’s fan-fraggin-tastic!!!

2 Likes

It’s not bad but it could be better and I woyld agree with an earlier comment that Adam Strange is more like a 21st century version of Booster Gold than anything else. The take on that particular character is, well, “strange”…

2 Likes

I’m another person who started it when it premiered then dropped out after a couple of episodes. After it was over I tried again on demand, but still couldn’t get into it. Then when it came on DC Universe I skipped ahead to roughly where I left off (instead of sitting through the first few episodes a third time) and actually really enjoyed it. Not my absolutely favourite DC-related show, but it definitely gets better as the season goes along. I haven’t started season 2 yet, but I’m planning to watch it.

1 Like

First season starts slow and takes awhile to get good . Second season definitely picked up the pace with lobo right in episode 1

1 Like