Is DC streaming Service Great Or Not?

Before you answer just think for a minute, let’s look at Marvel comic, let’s say there’s no Disney cause that would be cheating, now Marvel release some few shows, movies and some comic books. Marvel would be in a same spot as DC is today! For example for movies they have the first 3 X-Men movie, but no Wolverine or First class. As much as the Marvel Mod like Kitty or Professor X who would love to put it on the streaming service they would say they can’t due to the lincece stuff and hope it’ll be added soon. In a few years Marvel got alot better and alot of people are enjoying Marvel.
Now I said this before many time and I’ll be happy to say it again, DC just started and I think DC are doing a fantastic job! We may not like the rotation thing, reason I think is that they’re trying to keep the streaming service fresh and new, and I think the DC Mods are doing a heck of a job! They are kind and caring. And if you need help with something here’s a link to the service https://support.dcuniverse.com/hc/en-us/requests/new They’ll be happy to help. Just give them a chance.:slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

When you argument that’s it’s good makes me pretend real life things aren’t real, that’s not a great argument

I already know where the posts will lead to within a couple of hours and so I’ll just say something before it becomes fanboy mania. Yes, to me it is great and have been an overall satisfied subscriber since launch!

No need to bring Marvel into this for that question. That said, I’ll be a dc universe AND a disney + subscriber by the end of the year!

4 Likes

I’ve had zero issues and zero complaints. I was also very clear on what I was signing up for. So I am not among the users that expected this to be a replacement for traditional comics.

My wife and I loved Titans and I’ve had a great time reading some stories that are hard to find or not available in trades.

5 Likes

I’ve never had any issues with the service, it’s always worked perfectly for me. I would think anyone who signed up for this service either owns, or has watched the DCEU movies multiple times, so why would you want them here? I’m here for the new content, and it’s been great.

4 Likes

I am enjoying it thus far. More warning about content changes would be nice. I had a comic I was halfway through and it was gone when I picked it back up that evening. I think the comic collection they have is good but I would like some more pre-New 52 complete collections, major trades worth not every single issue. Maybe rotate out some full series. I have been reading Johns’ Teen Titans and really enjoy it. I will never buy the trades but would keep reading if they kept adding continuation issues. (For example issues 1-20 available Jan-March, 20-40 April-June, etc)

4 Likes

marvel doesn’t have a streaming service ? why do we have to pretend it doesn’t exist.

1 Like

Not the way the original post compares to and because I know certain mega fanboys on here who may have a field trip bashing marvel for it.

It’s going to be a lot more interesting around here when Disney + launches. Especially what ever marvel content gets added and how the marvel original shows turn out because you know there will be threads comparing every little thing.

Disney is better organized in licensing deals and that already goes over a ton of people’s heads on here. “Why does Disney + has mcu films and DC Universe doesn’t have DCEU film?” Watch!

1 Like

The upcoming streaming service the mouse is going to be offering won’t have comics, or a message board and will only contain PG material. It’s going to contain All of the :mouse2: content, with some superhero stuff mixed in. Now that they own most of Hulu they will probably send a lot of the hero material there. They are building a family oriented version of Netflix, not a Fanboy site like this is.

1 Like

I like the service fine, especially since the new additions to the library, with good complete arcs and major stories. Most of these should stay permanent. When I browse, I still see titles with one or two issues, and I don’t understand why they are there.

Hopefully library size will increase, as our membership does.

My major complain is little-known or no notification that material is being removed.

There never will be many recent comics on this site or popular Graphic Novels like Watchman, Killing Joke or Dark Night returns, for more than a month, and I am fine witness restrictions.

1 Like

Vaild points Bright Knight. More reasons why they shouldn’t be compared! Good thing I have Hulu as well thouh

I love it. I have since launch day. I did all the research, saw all the press junkets, so I knew going in what I was paying for. I didn’t assume this would be a one-stop shop for comics, movies, and TV, at least not at launch and probably not within the first one or two years. I signed on because I saw the potential. Titans was good, Young Justice is great, I’m psyched for Doom Patrol and Swamp Thing, it’s even saved me some money on Comixology every now and then. Overall, it’s a great service.

2 Likes

It’s great because I live in a place where I don’t get to go to the comic book shop every day because its kinda far so I love being able to read all these comic although most of dc rebirth is not on this app I still enjoy reading and ad,Irving stuff from the new 52 and before oh and the original content is greats d very well produced and the selection of the movies and tv shows is limited but is still very cool to have all this stuff on demand

2 Likes

I enjoy it. There are always new surprises dropping like the Aquaman documentary and the Darwyn Cooke retrospective. I signed up for Young Justice and Titans, so everything else is like an added bonus. It connects me to so many great memories as a fan, bringing back that rush of inspiration I felt the first time experiencing DC comics, film, and animation. It’s worth the money to me.

1 Like

I love it! I got the annual subscription, which was about $80 due to taxes, and I got my money’s worth. I originally subscribed for the original content, so I was surprised to see that comics were also included. I absolutely love the community because I found a place where I can finally nerd out about my love for DC!

1 Like

How about really good working on great

1 Like

I can say this with George Washington like honesty. Literally, not figuratively, literally since the 1st x I put in my password & opened this site I was absolutely whelmed. I got it for the new shows (well my friend bought it for me b/c he knew I was going to) & I one hundred percent thought that’s all it was, & I was fine with that. When I saw it had comics I was beyond satisfied. Next I noticed it had a community so I checked that out, yep still overwhelmed. Saw a News section; an encyclopedia, my favorite older DC toons & movies, basically u know the rest. Since then it’s improved beyond belief. I would’ve renewed my subscription on the shows alone. I planned on joining, watching the new shows & some of my old favorites & that was it. Little did I know. I’d be meeting & discussing DC with fellow fans, while making new friends, reading more comics then I’ve ever had access to, getting news articles breaking down shows ,uncovering easter eggs, & laying out complete runs of characters plus announcing casting & so much more. Having a team of MODS interacting & helping me out with questions, concerns, technical support etc. The complaints are getting ridiculous. To each his/her own, but for the price, it’s splitting hairs to be upset over 1 show or 1 comic title u specifically wanted not being on here with thousands of subscribers. Requesting them is different, that’s what makes this site great, the interactiveness. Summing up. I avoid tech, so I honestly did believe this was gonna be a site that only had back catalogue shows, plus the new exclusive ones. From the guy who thought that to where I’m at now is tough to grasp. Thank u DC & Thank u MODs & all DCU staff from behind the scenes to email department to the guy/gal who sweeps the floors. Excellent job & incredible site.

4 Likes

I love it, and I’m on it almost everyday. I’m totally getting my money’s worth. I’m more excited to see what the app & content will be like in 5 years, lol. Plus, I also can’t wait for it to be available on XBox One. I bought a Roku just so I can use the app, but I really want it on my XBox, I watch pretty much everything on my XBox.

3 Likes

If you had asked me this when I first join at the beginning of the month I would have agreed with you and said it was great. In fact I did, all over all of my social media accounts, I told everyone how they had a bunch of their old stuff, even going as far back as Lois & Clark. However, it seems every time I look on this site since then, that there are in fact less and less programs. The Tv series section alone is about half as big as it was when I first joined. Now on to the Comics half, I knew that when they said it’d be a “curated list” it meant that they’d be cycling new titles in and out every so often; I didn’t think that it would be less than a month between shifts. I only had time to read 2 issues of Batgirl Year One! Why am I bothering to have this sub if I’m going to have to go out and buy the books if I want to finish them anyway? I started this month off thinking “Yea, this is something I could see myself subbing to for 2-3 months out of the year to catch up on everything.” now I will have to have a serious think about if my wanting to support YJ:O is worth the cost of admission, as that is the ONLY reason I’m still here. The Mod’s “Oh we’re just keeping things fresh, why don’t you let us know what you’d like to see and MAYBE we’ll bring it back at SOME point; IDK maybe who cares” attitude only makes me less satisfied.

5 Likes

I think it’s good, I’ve only had it for 3 days but I’m such a big fan of the animated universe

3 Likes