Introduce Me To Your Favorite Character

Omg thanks for reminding meeeeee!!

I bought the GOTY version of AK and never played the Nightwing episode.

2 Likes

@ParallaxCreates My favorite part of the game. That and his 2 side mission and the I wanna call it co-op but it’s not two people playing at the same time but I’m sure you get what I mean with using 2 characters in a fight. That! Best gameplay feature ever!

2 Likes

My Favorite dc character have to be wally west.the reason being he developed as a character.

1 Like

His name is Wally West… He’s The Flash! the Fastest Man Alive!
My introduction to Wally West was actually through his Toybiz DC Comics Superheroes figure.

Around that same time, I got the Binder Format Who’s Who Issue Number Two which featured Flash on the cover and held his entry

so all this brought me up to speed on Flash and while it was all very interesting, It didn’t exactly set my world on fire.
Then The Flash became a TV series…

I won’t lie…THIS is what made me pay attention to the Flash from here on out!
Now Sure the TV version was Barry Allen and the comics version was Wally West, But even back then, the TV Barry Allen borrowed a lot from the Wally West version. (he needed to as the Coneheads would say, “consume Mass Quantities” of food to maintain his speed. his main love interest in the show was Tina Mcgee rather than Iris West. (although Iris was in the pilot, she was greatly altered from her comic roots being a graphic artist rather than a news reporter.)
At any rate, I started picking up Flash comics as the TV series ended. My first Flash comic was the Annual attached to the Armageddon 2001 summer crossover event.

Then, I started reading the regular series starting with Gorilla Warfare

I was already reading GL at the time! as the next few month went on I was reading a lot more books in the greater DCU Justice Leagues Bat titles the Super books and Justice Society of America.
The Justice Society was of particular importance because I had recently been rekindling my interest in World War II era movies and radio shows and Golden Age Super Heroes fit right in…
2098744-2
This was of course led to my introduction to Jay Garrick: the Golden Age Flash!
How does this tie in to my Wally west fandom? simple!
In Early December 1992, Flash #72 hit the stands.

Guest starring the original Scarlet Speedster indeed!
What I didn’t realize when I bought the book (featuring Wally and Jay Garrick on the cover…) is that Jay wasn’t whom the cover was referring too…

Thus began the Return of Barry Allen!

By the time the story ended we found that Barry was still officially dead (But at least we still had Jay back!)
And Wally West was THE FLASH!!!
After this, I not only collected current issues of the Flash but I would go back and catch up on all the Back Issues from #1 on…
Ever since then, Wally West has always been My Flash No matter who else runs along side him!

2 Likes

Well,@golddragon71, Superman, has always been my favorite comic book character ever since I saw him flying across my black and white TV screen in the '60s, but if anyone comes close to challenging that assertion it’s got to be Wally West. Wally is the greatest legacy character in the DCU. And what makes his journey to hero so inspiring is the ability to overcome his own–all too human–flaws. When Wally assumes the mantle of The Flash after Barry’s sacrifice, the guy is a total jerk. But through the ensuing trials and tribulations that life throws at him (ably assisted by some incredibly talented writers and artists), Wally emerges not only as a great hero but as an even greater man. He may be “the fastest man alive”, but he is also one of the most empathic and compassionate heroes in the DCU. Even though I grew up with Barry back in the Silver Age, Wally is “My Flash” too.

1 Like

My favorite character is Atom Smasher (formerly known as Nuklon) He was my first big comic book crush dating clear back to middle school when I first saw him in Infinity Inc. I could relate to the fact that he seemed sweet, rather shy, and a bit naive. He always seemed to have good intentions, even if he usually completely fell flat on his face trying to do the right thing. That was a pattern that seemed to continue from his Infinity Inc and Justice League days, clear through the JSA series. (trying to do the right thing, the wrong way)

And as you can see he also lives on my bookshelf next to my desk…

1 Like

I hope no one minds that I bump this thread after some time being dormant…I’ve never posted to this thread before, and perhaps some newer members may be inspired to share about their faves here.

My favorite characters are The Wonder Twins. Here is how they’ve looked over the years.

The top left corner is how they appeared when they debuted in the late 70s. Zan & Jayna are shape changers, Jayna can become any animal, and Zan can become any water-based form.

Their original origin was told in Super Friends #14. Their family died due to a plague, and they were raised as freaks in a traveling show. At about 16 they liberated themselves, and in the process found the lair of Superman’s enemy, Grax, plotting to destroy Earth. They then left for Earth to warn the planet, and in the process found a new home, and became trainee super heroes.

While many people don’t consider them part of DC Earth-1 continuity, there are others who do. I’m one who believes they were part of that continuity.

After The Super Friends run ended, Zan & Jayna disappeared for a number of years, and then reappeared looking like they do in the top right corner, and they were found by the Extreme Justice team, and they joined Extreme Justice.

Lower left corner is Zan & Jayna as they appeared when they were in a few issues of Young Justice in the 2000s.

The last image is how they look now, after a reboot and getting their own 12 issue maxi-series. They were given a new origin. Still from Exxor, they leave for Earth when their father asks Superman to take them there. I don’t want to give any spoilers for those who haven’t read it, but it’s a very different, serious reason for why they are on Earth now.

I think they’re amazing because I’ve always been drawn to young heroes learning the ropes of being crime fighters. I also thought the limitation of needed to come into physical contact to use their powers was interesting.

they get a bad rap for the way they were portrayed in the Super Friends cartoon. The comics have handled the Wonder Twins much better. Reading material to learn about them…Super Friends 7 - 9, when they were first introduced. Super Friends 14, which gives their first origin. Their maxi -series was my favorite reading for 2019, written by Mark Russell and art from Stephen Byrne.

In the 2000s they even started to appear on merch for the first time. Here is my collection.

I actually did a full tribute to my favorite character, Swamp Thing, a while back. The link will be provided below, but I’ll also just share a few quick thoughts as well.

I come from a background of Horror movies. Seeing a character with a mythos and history that is dripping in Gothic Horror & Tragedy drew me in right away. But the character also touched on feelings and dark thoughts I myself have had. Swamp Thing had stories that dealt with identity, existentialism, love, loss, community, and looking at ideas from different perspectives. Again, my tribute goes into him a lot deeper. This is essentially a VERY BRIEF cliff notes version.

Regarding a specific storyline? Man, what a tough one to call! I started off reading Alan Moore’s run, which is considered the gold standard for the entire character. He started writing starting with issue 20 of the character’s second ongoing series, called Saga of the Swamp Thing. HIs run is collected in 6 trade paperbacks.

4 Likes

Thanks for the bump or I’d never have seen this or be able to talk about my favorite character, Grifter.

Cole Cash is lazy, opinionated, and the least powerful Wildcat, but that doesn’t stop him from doing his job, making jokes the entire time. Has a superpower, but hates using it, preferring to go in guns blazing and come out the same way.

Not a lot of signature Grifter stories with him solo, but my favorite is Point Blank. A great story where Cole is doing a favor for a buddy and trying to overcome a very stacked deck with my favorite villain Tao.

3 Likes

He got plenty of screen time in Flashpoint.

3 Likes

my favorite heroes are batman and superman
but red hood is my favorite robin start with under the red hood
harley new 52 is pretty light hearted if thats what your looking for

4 Likes

My All-Time #1 FAVORITE Charater would truly have to be
S U P E R B O Y - P R I M E !

So 1st off he is from our Earth lol so initially I found that to be super fire

But I truly feel like he is me in a sense…(Corny i know , don’t judge me)

B U T
he lost his world & all he loved with everyone & everything in it & helped hero’s before & was just flung aside (in a pocket dimension or Whtevr) lol
So he just started lashing out , going physco… losing his mind
But as we learned from the joker It Only Takes 1 Bad Day !
& all the hurt, hate,anger,pain a came exploding out literally he turned into all those different lantern corps (RED,YELLOW,BLACK,Even Rainbow)
I thought tht was So Elite

So bc I related I justified him trying to fight his way through anybody& everybody just to get back to what he had ,what he lost & nobody was understanding or even caring were basically saying “calm down it’s ok you lost your world oh well get over it move on this is what it is & this is how things are now”

& he just was not letting go of what was , the past , the grief & rage& anger ,hurt
It all took over &be his sole pure , purpose & even beyond that just going becoming outrageously evil , Head 1st into war paths & was destroying lives of the few ones he’d had left killing/hurting/ the other lives & even his new life he had in a new time a new world to be what he wanted to be but he was so blind&corrupt by his own doing .I felt that I’ve bn there when I found out about his story
He Took the cake for me getting his powers from a comet passing in earths atmosphere
Him on the beach chilling/relaxing with his gf at that time & friends & all a sudden a Superman comes out to ask for help as soon as he got his powers

I just really connected to it because I’ve lost it alllll or at least what I’ve felt like was/is it all at the time lol all I ever wanted…things/people/memories/TIME &I was angry ,I was angry for a loonggggg time & I was going about everything like SB Prime (Fighting/Violence)(not murder) lol clearly hopefully that was obvious ahahah

but yea man I was on a bad path & felt fighting was the perfect answer For EVERYTHING&ANYTHING with WHOEVER/WHEREVER (Even if I was out numbered) smh i honestly was a wreck !

His 1st Story

I mean I’ve healed now God willing but this is why I rage about Prime so much & about his power lol I hate he (SB Prime) get such a bad wrap.

1 Like