In trouble comic book covers

These have always been my favorite type of comic book covers. I don’t know what to call them but it’s the covers where the heroes are in trouble/defeated.
I’m a slow reader and I keep stopping and starting series but these are some of my favorites that I’ve come across so far that I love. I would love if you guys shared any that you’ve come across as well

9 Likes

Love the Raptor/ Nightwing cover. I love these too. None on hand but I’ll dig.

4 Likes

5 Likes

@seitan Those covers always pulled me in. Will our hero survive? Here’s a few from the incomparable Neal Adams:

4 Likes

@seitan, I LOVE THIS THREAD! Great idea and super fun! I think these kinds of covers are so enticing and set the reader up for a wild ride at the onset. Here are a few that I’ve come across (some of my favorites).

5 Likes

Love the Lady Vic on the BOP. She’s one of my favorite rarer characters.

2 Likes

I love the out of proportion size of the antagonist(s) too. Bonus points for that.

4 Likes

3 Likes

Several bonus points to appearances by the Pied Piper of Peril. Look at that whimsy man stopping the Flash.

1 Like

Thank u. I actually just found it on here under The Flash (1959) issue #106.
I’m gonna read it. I remember seeing it at the library by my house but I couldn’t remember the issue # obviously. I’ve never read it tho. I had to take pic off phone cuz I couldn’t remember anything except his name & what it looked like.

Cool, I love all the ones you guys posted! :smile:

3 Likes

Here’s a couple I read recently. Maybe the Batman title with Bane doesn’t fit but everyone Batman cares about has been defeated by Bane so that counts for something :laughing:

4 Likes

I loved Nightwing must die. I was just trying to think of that arc the other day & I couldn’t remember the name. I’ve been trying to think of it til just now. Cool ones btw.

1 Like

Both great stories too.

2 Likes

I don’t want to be too obvious in my choice, but…

2 Likes

The classics must be mentioned, I think!

1 Like

2 Likes

1 Like