Except I think it needs more Green Arrow :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Dude that is so cool!!!

3 Likes

Don’t know much about guitars but keep it up it looks amazing

3 Likes

Thanks so much : D

1 Like

Maybe you can make the bridge a superman/flash race? Or a comic timeline? Ultimately though thats really cool, well done.

4 Likes

I did this a few years ago on my bass. Lots of fun to do and design. I only used about a quart of automotive clear coat and painted it on with a brush as I put down the layers as desired. Once the collage was done and cured, i wetsanded lightly to a dull finish and then sprayed 2 more coats and finished with a buff and polish. Good luck with your project.

18 Likes

Oh wow that looks great! I could definitely use your expectations haha, do I understand correctly? When you finished putting the pictures on you painted over them with automotive clear coat with a brush, then wet sanded, then used some clear coat spray paint?

1 Like

Thank you. I do alot of custom projects and this was of my faves… I practically used the clear coat as glue on the backside of the photos to set the collage down and layer them accordingly and then once I liked where they were,I added more on top if it to essentially lock it in place. Just be sure to spread the clearcoat as evenly as possible and work in small sections at a time to prevent the paint from drying before you’re finished. After everything is set in place and dry to the touch, wetsand it with 1500 grit to knock down any nibs or imperfections. After that,I used the same clear coat but sprayed it on to seal it with 2 coats,followed by wet sanding again with 3000 grit before finishing it up with buffing and polishing. It may seem like a lot,but the little steps are important and worth it in the end. Be sure to post your finalized photo and best of luck with it.

3 Likes

Thanks so much! I’ll definitely be trying this, and I’ll post the final pic when I get the courage and time to finish it!

1 Like

Wow! :open_mouth: This is absolutely stunning. Thank you for sharing your process, as well. It blows me away to hear how these pieces of art are made.

2 Likes

Awesome

1 Like

Fraggin awesome bud! I donated a bunch of Superman comics, to my brother in-law for his piano

17 Likes

Wow! Great job! I do hope we will get to see the finished product.

2 Likes

That looks amazing!! Make sure to post the final results when you’re done! Cant wait to see!!

2 Likes

That’s ill af

2 Likes

great job! looks amazing!

2 Likes