I'm Curious What Is Everyone’s Favorite Comic Series

People who know me aren’t going to believe this but…

It's close...

It’s NML. What’d you expect?!

1 Like

Peter David’s Young Justice has the good feels. I’m a big Jurgens Superman fan. Hard to beat that for me.

4 Likes

I’m LOVING Joe Hill’s Basket full of heads. If you haven’t read it…get it.

3 Likes

The Dark Knight Returns

1 Like

Batman Inc.

1 Like

Currently? Superman by Bendis and Reis!

All-time DC? Batman: Year One and Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow.

My favorite series of all time was Justice League International… well the title changed it’s name several time but that whole Giffen run was great. Was a perfect mix of comedy and character development and able to sell it serious when the story needed it to. In a lot of ways it reminds me of Legends of Tomorrow now.

2 Likes

Sandman Mystery Theater
Jaime Delano’s run on Hellblazer
Marv Wolfman’s runs on Deathstroke and Teen Titans

My current favorite is Justice League Dark.
My all time favorite is the Levitz/Giffen run on Legion of Super-Heroes.

Legends of the Dark Knight (1989)
I don’t like every little arc, but I loved the rotating teams and the ability to tell so many different stories with Batman.

Also
New Teen Titans (1980)
The Question (1987)
Still exploring so I’m sure I’ll find more books I love.

Non-DC:
Hellboy/ Lobster Johnson/related universe
X-Men/Wolverine during the Claremont run

I can read The Authority vol. 1anytime. Everything is playing for second place some even get close until the next time I read The Authority.

All Time Favorite: Wonder Woman (1987)

Other Favorites
Batman
Detective Comics
Superman
Action Comics
The Man Of Steel
Supergirl
Power Girl
All Star Squadron
Infinity Inc
Birds Of Prey
Catwoman
Zatanna
Batgirl (N52)
And a nod to Vampirella from Dynamite just a interesting character.

1 Like

I just finished Garth Ennis’ Hellblazer run and dang it was awesome!

1 Like

The Joker series & Camelot 3000

Also, not on here yet, The Secret Society of Supervillains.

1 Like

I am a Superman fanboy so Action ofcourse. Fables is still my all time favorite (someday I hope to finish it). Currently the one that i can’t wait to pick up and read is Red Hood and the Outlaw. Lastly the writer/artist that I pick up when I see their work is Scott Snyder and Mirka Andolpho. I love his writing and I love her Art and writing.

The first Batgirl series definitely. Cassandra Cain is a fantastic character and her character arc and development in this is well written and compelling. Really a fantastic series.
I also enjoy the Black Mirror story line in Detective comics. Dick Grayson is one of my favorites and I find and this is probably his best Batman story.
I also just finished reading Ed Brubakers run on Catwoman which I really enjoyed. I was not expecting to like it as much as I did but it’s probably one of my favorite comic series now.

1 Like

I really loved the New 52’s Wonder Woman series. Brian Azzarrello & Cliff Chiang did such a fabulous job with Diana. I actually just recently purchased the omnibus so I could read through the run again.

2 Likes

hard to play favorites but i really love justice league international and anything with doom patrol hulk or black widow

Mine’s Superman Smashes the Klan